So, after forgetting the cookies (it's me, what did anyone expect?) and running late (as always) we made it to our Top Secret Christmas Carol Meeting Location (ok, it wasn't really top secret, but, it sounds cooler.. also, do people say 'cool' anymore? Am I just old?).
During our lovely warm-up/practice session my eyes were teary and Lord help me I couldn't get through a damn song! I was totally giving husband the "please let me go home" eye (plus, it was freezing. I don't do cold.). I wasn't allowed to leave.
We all pile our cars and head out. How I ended up in the car with boys is still a mystery. Silly teenage boys.
The end result of the night? It was fabulous. I love those buggers so much. I was so happy and proud that all these teenagers came out on a cold, cold night to sing songs, share cookies and really feel the Christmas spirit. My little heart was just overwhelmed with warm fuzzies.
Have I mentioned how awesome our youth are? Have I mentioned that I'm trying to set up SIL R with one of my youths older brothers so that they can stay in my life forever? No? Haven't mentioned that? I'm crazy? I know, let's be honest, I'm fully aware.
Capped off by a cookies, hot chocolate and a jam packed car ride home (yeah, safety first kids).
It was fantastic.
It was fantastic.
And, surprisingly, I'm kinda cheery. I even have a candy cane in my purse (not sure why, but, who cares).
But still, is it Friday yet?


6 comments:
What church are yall involved in (if you don't mind me asking)?
Aw, that even warms my cold, unfeeling heart. So glad you ended up having fun.
YAY! That sounds like a fantastic time!!!! I'm glad you had fun!!
Glad you had a good time!!! OOOooo and it's so my Friday!! Muuuuhahahaha I took Friday off and Monday! SCORE!
FUN! I haven't gone Christmas caroling in years. I should do it again!!!
Post a Comment