Thursday, November 19, 2009

Game Time

Well, running isn't necessarily a 'game', but, whatever.

It's game time. Oh hell yes it is.

Today was my last run before the marathon and I had a freaking kick ass run--totally makes up for my lackluster performance on Saturday. It was cool, quiet, there wasn't anyone else out (well, except for my weird neighbor who steals newspapers, but, whatever--seriously, he does, I'm not joking), it was perfection.

Luckily, the forecast for Tulsa has changed (no rain!) lows in the 40s, high in the low 60s. Perfection.

I've got my bag packed, my snacks and race fuel packed, my Powerade ready to roll now all that's waiting is me.

My dad gets into town tomorrow afternoon, and then my posse (um, dad, husband and sis in law) will pick me up and we're headin' north.

I'm actually really not that nervous. Excited, but, not nervous. I'm sure it'll hit me when we get up there, we get to the Expo and I get my race number. I'm sure I'll have a massive panic attack (per the usual), but, then, we'll move on and it'll be fun.

I have a time in mind that I want to come it at or under, but, I won't tell y'all what it is--all that matters is that I have fun and I run a great marathon. And I'm cautiously optimistic and I will have fun and run strong. After all, my last 20(+) miler was awesome.

It's been a really hard week, work-wise, which isn't ideal going into something this intense, but, I had a bright shiny happy pair of shoes waiting for me when I got home last night, which made it mildly better (pre marathon gift to myself--I always buy myself something before a race).

So, it's here. I can't believe it. I feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure it's real. Funny.

Thank you to everyone for your support, your kindness, your encouragement and your friendship. It sounds funny, but, I really, really couldn't have done it without you. So, thanks.

And check back tomorrow for a walk down my running memory lane (are you sick of this running talk yet? Don't worry, next week will be about my love of In N Out--undying love I tell you).

Happy The Office Watching Day (er, Thursday).

And Happy early Birthday to Sam who celebrates on Sunday--go wish him a happy birthday and remind him that he's NOT old!

16 comments:

lasvegasisforlovers said...

Good Luck, and have fun!!!

duchessbelle said...

Best of Luck!!

d.a.r. said...

Sooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!!

Samma said...

Yay! Good luck!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

You are going to do awesome!!!!!! So excited for you=)!!

Brittany Ann said...

Good Luck! You can do it!

Sarah B. said...

Good Luck...and remember that just finishing is an accompplishment in itself so time doesn't matter (only in your head, I'm a runner too, I get it.) :)

Chris said...

Have a great time. Good Luck!

Kerrie said...

I know what you mean about the difference between nervous and excited! Good luck on your first marathon!

PS: I'm a new reader thanks to Zoe. :)

Jen Feeny said...

I am soooooooooo excited for you! Seriously girl, enjoy every single step of that marathon, good & painful! When you cross that finish line your life is changed forever and you'll forget about all the bad runs, aches and pains and just be in awe of your own awesomeness! You have nothing to be nervous of, seriously, just go out there and run your heart out. The weather is shaping up and the road is waiting for you! Can't wait to read your recap!!!

Lisa said...

Hey there, discovered you from Zoe's blog and the profile she did on you.

Good luck in your marathon.

Dollface said...

Good luck good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyy xxxoooo

Operation Jack said...

Have fun out there!!!! Send me an update on Twitter in case I don't have time to check!!!

Lindsey said...

Love it, can't wait for the Office tonight!=)

jlc said...

Ahhhhhh GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!!!


And I'm in LOVE with the French version of the Office -- Le Bureau --- you'd LOVE the French Jim!

Kaci said...

Good running luck to you!! Kick that marathons ass!!