And this has little to do with Christmas.
My birthday + Thanksgiving (which means a few days off work) + People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive = I'm a very happy little girl.
Call me crazy (no, it's OK, you can), but, during college I would pick up this issue at the DFW airport and stash it in my carryon only to ecstatically pull it out when I got home and my momma was waiting at the airport for me (OK, so, that only happened once since she died 1 month later, but, whatever). Every year, we would read this issue together. No fail. I haven't not purchased it in probably 10 years or so.
Earlier this month, the sis in law and I put our top picks out there: Ryan Reynolds, Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman (you know my never dying love for Hugh), etc, etc and were eager to see who would win.
And then last night, she said that the cover had been leaked it that it was that terrible creepy vampire man (I'm sorry, I'm not into Twilight at all--and creepy vampire man kind of grosses me out--the only vampire I like is Brad Pitt circa Interview With). And we vowed we would not purchase said magazine if he was the winner (gag)--thus breaking a 10 year streak.
So, like a little child on Christmas morning, I was thrilled, thrilled I tell you when one of my all time favorite celebrity crushes was named this year's Sexiest Man Alive. Again.
Le sigh....
Admittedly, I'm shallow sometimes and I just can't help it (even if that creepy vampire did manage to get his mug on the cover--grr).
If you'll excuse me, I have some reading to do.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
I am a huge Twilight fan...looking forward to going to New Moon on Friday (I'm too old to do the Midnight showing thing) BUT I do not understand how people think Rob P is sexy...not at all. Give me the 18 yr old wolf kid anyday of the week over the vampire kid...lol. And I was waiting for this to come out too praying they didn't stick Rob P on that cover. Very excited to see Johnny on there again...he will always be sexy!
We're even better friends than I thought... I can't stand creepy vampire man either!!! (he needs a tan, a shower, and a dentist appt before he even looks mildly presentable)
Johnny Depp, on the other hand? HOT, even as dirty, teeth-missing, sort of gender-bending, Captain Jack Sparrow... just saying.
I agree with you on Rob Patterson, he freaks me out with his white skin and messy hair!
Um really... Johnny Depp.... ew... Im not a real fan.. at least wouldve picked jacob or Edward... xxxoo
Aw, Johnny Depp. Mmmmmm.
Yumm. Johnny Depp. Delish!
Hehehe what a fun post! I'm with you on the vampire thing
I have not fallen for Twilight either. I'm totally into vampires but sorry, he sparkled in the first film and that was annoying.
I haven't seen the magazine yet. Did I crack top 50?
I just do not get the appeal of Johnny, he has never done it for me.
Ummmm he is delicious. Yum.
THANK YOU! Creepy vampire man and I are not friends. he's scary, not hot!
first of all i LOVE your family pics. they are just beautiful - you are beautiful and getting back to you from a long time ago. i didn't want to spend a lot on a treadmill so i got the golds gym 450 from walmart. its very heavy and kind of loud compared to the nicer ones i'm used to from the gym, but it gets the jobs done. i think it was around $400. i talked to my sis-in-law and she said a good treadmill should be around $1000-1500. i'd pay that much if i was going to keep it a long time, but didn't want to have to be obligated to bring the treadmill back to tx because i spent so much money on it. so that's what i think. oh and the cord on the treadmill is a little short, but for $400 i am really pleased.
Whoop whoop!! I love me some Johnny!!
Post a Comment