OK, my necklace is sold out in the color I want, so, pfmph! I am now dramatically crossing my arms over my chest like an angry child.
But, I suppose this is a good thing. I don't really need to be spending $$ right now--especially thanks to Ella's $700 vet bill. And you know, the holidays and all. I have no gift giving ideas--I'm usually an awesome gift giver--this year, I've got no ideas.
Anyways, I have a point, I swear.
See, I have about 5 million things that I want to put on my Birthday/Christmas list, and most are pretty basic: new black cardigan since I have worn mine to shreds, a yummy wrap sweater for yoga, shoes, etc, etc. All of these things I could buy for myself. I should really use my list to ask for things that are a wee bit out there--like a new camera ::makes grabby hands:: I need a new camera like nobodies business. Are you reading this dad and step-mom?
So, because I still want to lose 5 lbs in the next few weeks (lofty? yes. reasonable? possibly.), I've decided that instead of asking for a yummy sweater or anything else like that, I will purchase said sweater/shoes/necklace only if I make my goal weight by marathon day.
This is annoying because a) there's a good chance everything will be sold out by then--but, beneficial, because if everything is out of stock, I'll save $$ and b) I'm kind of an instant gratification kind of gal. I don't like to wait. Also, this is why my slow cooker annoys me.
I think I can do it. I haven't gained since last week, which is wildly impressive considering I ate us out of house and home on Sunday and didn't run but once last week before the race.
And, I ran 8.5 miles of intervals/tempo this AM. Totally awesome. Was supposed to be 9 miles, but, I thought I had an early meeting and was short on time--of course, I was wrong about the meeting--but, I still got in 8.5 miles. This is like a record--do you know how long it's been since I've managed an 8 miler before work? Months!
Hopefully, the pounds will just run away (hardy har har).
And then I can resume my shopping habits just in time for the holiday rush.
Anybody else ever set any goals like this? Did/does it work?
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
I think it is great to give yourself a little treat to strive for. Although I am SURE that no matter what the actual scale READS, your body is in amazing shape b/c you are a running machine! If you can do the 5 lbs thing and still stay nice and healthy/fueled for the big marathon, then I say more power to you! Good luck!
Thats great to have a goal!! I think its easier to accomplish it... I know that will be the case if HE ever proposes, hahaha... but seriously... go you!! xxxoo
Setting little goals and treating yourself is huge in my experience. The instant gratification is a biggie. :) Good luck! I seem to have plateued with 5 lbs left to go myself. So I'm with you on this one!
I have a goal schedule similar to this- don't know if it's working or not yet :)
Just found your blog and am so inspired! I'm only trying to run a 5K and that is hard enough! ( I feel so pathetic! ha!)
I'm kind of doing the same thing. I can stay a certain weight and eat whatever I want as long as I'm running. But when I'm a little lighter, liiiike maybe 5-7 pounds lighter, I run so much better. RUNNING JUST MAKES ME SO DANG HUNGRY!
Anyway, I hope you reach your goal!! I feel ya on the instant gratification. So lovely to be trying to lose weight around the holidays, isn't it?
You can do it! and I think it's great! I try to hold a little treat in front of me to reach a goal too=) What day is the marathon? I'm still trying to lose the rest of my baby weight, so I'll try for 5 lbs by your marathon date too! I think! oh my, I just said it, so now I really have to do it=)!
I have a 4 lb weight loss goal for my bday ... Nov 30th. Hopefully I can make it! I know you can! I have a bigger weight loss goal of 14 lbs total by February. Eeegaaad. So I signed up to do a 10k with the hubby. I'm going to try and run it off ... just like you. Problem is, I'm not a runner. That's why I already signed up (and paid) for the run - I have to do this! We can do this!
Good luck!
You should buy yourself what you want now, and stare at it until you lose your weight. If you don't make it, take it back. That'll be incentive!
Lordy woman! You make me ashamed of my lazy self! 8.5 miles!!! Before work!!! Shut your mouth :) Hooray for you!
You can do this! I am starting to run again tomorrow!
I am dying for a yoga wrap sweater. Dying. Maybe I should do this too. For incentive.
You can do it! Gooooo Princess! Do you strength train for the marathon prep?
I totally bribe myself :)
Post a Comment