Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sausages! Sausages! Sausages!

First of all, thank you everyone for such wonderful and supportive comments on my post yesterday. I didn't know a birthday was going to hit me so hard--but, alas, it did, and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the support, the advice, the encouragement--it truly means so much to me. Thank you. Really, really, thank you. I am so grateful for all of you.

In other news...Yesterday afternoon, I noticed that my feet were oddly puffy. My right ankle sometimes gets swollen after a long run, but, this was both feet, and not just the ankle, but, the entire foot--as in, the buckle on my shoes was on the loosest clasp, and there was still an indentation. Weirdest thing ever.

The swelling got worse and when I got home from class last night, I had full on cankles.

This morning, I went for a hilly 4 mile run (awesome!) and let me tell you, running with sausage feet is freaking hard! Every step made them feel like they would explode and they felt like they weighed 500 pounds. Only to come home, take a shower and get dressed, realizing that my entire lower body is puffy! My legs are totally 100% swollen. Thighs, calves, feet--the whole nine. I've never experienced anything like this ever in my life. And it's painful! I have sausage legs. My poor little leggies and feet are just stuffed into my skin like sad little (er, big?) sausages.

I have no idea. I'm drinking my normal amount of water (which is a lot), haven't been pounding the Diet Coke (I know, shocking), haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary--no new meds or anything. Weirdest thing.Ever!

Has anyone ever had this happen before? Any ideas on what I can do? I couldn't even shove my feet into my largest flat shoes today!

I mean, it is hilarious, because, of course, I would just randomly balloon up, but, um, seriously, not cool.

I look like the damn Michelin Man. No joke.

And no, there will be no pictures, you'll just have to take my word for it. My lower half? Sausages.

I don't even like sausages.

Sad little plea: help. :)

16 comments:

Samma said...

I have never heard of that- how is your water intake? Maybe it's an allergic reaction to something?

THE Stephanie said...

Girl, you need to go to the doc!! LOL. That is just not right!

Ashley Lauren said...

Have you tried benadryl? I'd be scared! Good for you for running through it.

Classy Fab Sarah said...

OMG you poor thing!! It sounds like maybe an allergic reaction? I'd definitely make a doctor's appointment if it doesn't start getting better soon!

Lindsey said...

That is so strange, you poor thing! I hope it goes away soon!

Jen Feeny said...

Seriously, you need to get yourself to a doc!

Patience said...

Run not walk to the Dr.

JennyLee said...

I think a doctor's visit is in order!

Zoƫ said...

Yes, go to the doctor ASAP. That's not right at all.

Sara McCarty said...

Have you been monitoring your sodium intake? Sometimes athletes over-hydrate without replacing enough sodium they lose from sweating (hyponatremia) and that can result in swelling and much worse things if it continues. Some athletes even have to take salt tablets to make sure they're getting enough. Mabye replace your water with Gatorade or try drinking some V-8. This can be serious, so contacting your doctor is a good idea.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Operation Jack said...

Can't help you ... with all the problems and injuries I've had, this is one I've never had. If it doesn't get better soon, I agree with whoever it was that suggested going to the doctor.

lasvegasisforlovers said...

Oh no! That sounds awful! Sometimes I feel like that when I eat too much salt, or even just more than normal. I hope it clears up!

TUWABVB said...

Yes, if not "go" to the doctor at least call him/her. Please?

d.a.r. said...

Ummm your poor body is just being put through the wringer, huh?? Hope you called the doc!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You should definately go to the Dr. That can be a sign of a underlying condition....not to scare you, but....in my case it was kidney stones. You are retaining fluid for some reason, just go have it checked out.