So, we know that I’ve been all “Lawdy, I’m getting old. Lawdy, I haven’t done anything. Lawdy my life is depressing.” And that? Needs to stop.
I’m not going to sit around like some old lady. I’m going to do something. I’m gonna get something pierced. (if y’all can tell me where that quote came from, I’ll love you forever) Only, I’m not really gonna pierce anything.
Instead, I’m going to kick ass and take names.
I’m going to make a list—and check it twice (sorry y’all, Lite 103.7 has started playing Christmas music and it’s pretty much what I’m listening to 24/7) (unless I'm rocking out to some Dierks Bentley or bluegrass. Since I'm channelling my inner country girl this week).
I’m going to make a list of things that I will do in my 26th year and by golly, I will get them done. None of that “I’m going to paint the bathroom crap”—because honestly, I still haven’t painted it, and, ya know what, I probably never will. That’s not true, I’ll do it 2 days before Rach gets back from Canada and tell her I did it the day she left. Aren’t I an awesome sister?
ANYWAYS.
The list.
It’s like my Birthday Bucket List.
So, here goes:
(in no particular order)
Go on a girls weekend with these two awesome ladies
Go somewhere with my photog bff
Go back to London already
Run a marathon (duh)
Have a spa day
Rock out at a concert
Get my yee-haw on at a rodeo
See my niece graduate high school. And then cry like a baby
Get the perfect haircut
GO TO THE BEACH
Spend an entire day all snuggled up with my pups—and not be sick!
Watch all of North and South
Watch all the Anne of Green Gables series
Re Read Little Women
Host a dinner party
Have a girls brunch
Host a pool party and bbq
Conquer my fear of the bike
Go to a college football game
Plant a rose bush
Spectate BOSTON. AGAIN.
That's all I've come up with so far. What would you add to my Birthday Bucket List?
PS. In case you were wondering, I accept ponies, Burberry, shiny things, Agent Booth and or Jax Teller as birthday gifts. Feel free to send.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


18 comments:
Ok, I've got a plan. Girls weekend, on the beach, spa day included. Sign me up! April is a good month for me!
I think this is a great list. And are you serioulsy only 26? That makes me feel ancient!
Love the list!!!
Rachel to Phoebe when they all turn 30!!! I love friends :) I think your list is great and I am sure you will get it all done.
Awesome list! You know what my motto is? I'm getting younger every day =)
Thank you =) Your comments were way too sweet!
Can't wait to spectate Boston with you!!!
I suggest a trip to Cleveland to visit your soon to be niece :)
This is a fabulous list!
... gawd I love Friends. We're soul sisters, I'm sure of it.
I love birthday bucket lists! Yours is fantastic except it's missing one major thing: move to CO :P Just playin', but it'll be awesome seeing you at BOSTON!
Good for you girly!
Now just break those bad boys down by month. It'll seem daunting, but spread 'em out, and once you start checking off your list you're gonna feel SOOO GOOD! :)
Happy Birthday. It made me happy reading your list. Sometimes, I get bogged down with the stupid mundane things when so much is good in the world.
Great list, everyone needs a girls weekend and it should be to the beach.
I love your list! I just might have to copy it!
Happy Birthday! Love the Birthday Bucket list. It's very similar to my own except mine has a half marathon instead of a full :) Hope you enjoyed your day!
I like your plan about getting your 26th year kickstarted a lot better than I like my blog post about whining about being 26 and old. ;)
I'm going to do the same thing tonight - make a list and get motivated.
Happy late birthday!
LOVE THIS LIST!!! I just turned 27, so I KNOW the feeling. It's weird.
Seriously, I've been creating one for 30 things to do before I'm 30 for awhile now. I must post it so I can stick to it!
I've got six years on ya...but I'd like to do a ton of those things too!
Love this idea! Setting goals us so important. I like that you are putting them in writing that way none of them will "slip by" unnoticed! Great idea!
Post a Comment