It's 500 years late, but, Boston was a dream. Yes, work was exhausting, I wanted to crawl into a hole and sleep, but, it was so worth it.
I gained more weight than I care to discuss, but, it's only so often that I'm going to get to eat chowdah in Boston! I mean come on. (also? chowdah is not good for me. Neither is 90% of what I ate whilst in Beantown. Remind me of that next time, k?)
Lunching on Newbury Street, dining in the North End, taking the bus to Hahhhvad with my very best friend, meeting my redheaded running soul sister, getting to stalk my running hero (who I am so insanely happy for because he had a freakin' amazing race and I'm so bummed I couldn't stay and watch him finish) meeting sweet Emily (who rocked Boston, by the way) and Christy (who signed up for my race! Yay!) and oh yeah--getting to be in Boston and on Boylston for the finish of the marathon? Please pinch me, I must be dreaming.
It was the best time ever. And you can bet your ass I'll be back next year. And the year after, and the year after that....And then one year, I will BQ and I'll run it! Eek!
Seriously, get thee to Boston for Marathon Monday. You'll be glad you did.
My fabulous redheaded running sister, Morgan. Why do I look pregnant here? Ugh, suck it in lady! Suck it in! (sidenote: is it mutually exclusive that if you're redheaded you must be short? Because she only out talls me by like an inch. I've yet to meet a tall redhead....)
Looking down Boylston to the finish line!!
There is so much more I could ramble about, but, it would take years. I still haven't stopped talking about it (my husband is about to get out the duct tape, I'm sure!). I had so much fun.
Watching the female elites finish with Morgan? Freaking awesome. I got teary, I won't lie!
The fact that she missed some of the male elites because she was on a potty break? Something I would totally do. This just means we'll have to be back there next year sista! Or you know, I'll be there and you'll be running.
The best trip I've had while not running a marathon myself? Heck yes.
OK, can I go back to Boston now? (This little Southerner never thought she could love the North so much!)


13 comments:
I had NOOOO idea you were so fun-sized until I met you on Saturday!! You are so stinkin' cute and teeny tiny, it made me feel like Frankenstein!!
Glad you had so much fun, what a cool experience!!!
Well, I have to prove you wrong because I happen to know a girl from college who has bright red hair and is 5'11". Barefoot. And she wears heels anyway. Haha!
Sounds like your trip was a blast - glad you had fun!
Love the shirts that you found and glad you had such a good time. I totally would have been hugging on the Ryan Hall cutout or posed like I was running super fast next to him! Being cheesy is an artform!
Looks like you had a blast!
Sounds like an awesome time...my friends and I also went to watch and I still cant stop talking about it. We had a blast and met so many cool people. Who knew that hanging out along the fence for 6 hours would be so much fun!:-) I'm totally going back next year...love reading your blog. You can check out my Boston recap here... www.sarahsrunningadventures.blogspot.com
Sounds like you had an amazing time!! And my BFF is a red head and she is short too! Weird! And I'm a giant. Be prepared. I'll have to hold you when we take a picture together :)
SO great to meet you too! You totally WILL qualify. I have non doubts:)
tall red head=Conan O'Brien.
Ahhhh! SO glad you had such an awesome time! I am with you on the red head height thing. I have 5 good guy friends with red hair who are short!
I'm seeing a red head that moved to Boston last August and is 6'4". Kinda ironic, right?
In Febuary, I gained five pounds after a trip. Lobster, the best Italian food ever, lots of chowder and his great cooking did me in.
I'm totally with you, I love Boston. It is magical.
So great! So jealous! This post made me smile supah wide! I love me some MA and Bahhstan. :)
I'm so glad you had a great time!!
Mike's Pastries = GOOD stuff! Went there last year. North End is the way to go for Italian.
Lucky you, getting so close to Ryan Hall!
Ahhh!!! I love this post!! Everything about it!! What a great trip. That cannoli looks ah-may-zing. How cool to get to see this race. Thanks for sharing the pictures...I've been waiting for them!!
Post a Comment