Monday, October 1, 2012

Costa Rica-ing

Last week, I was lucky enough to jet off to Costa Rica for a few days of sun and rest. It was absolutely a dream and I would go back again and again! Loved it.

It was a very random occurrence that led me to the resort I stayed at and because I am a travel discount email whore, I managed the whole stay for less than I've spent on a pair of shoes. For serious. (don't worry, I've gotten my money back on those shoes, ohhhh believe me, I have)

Anyways, I stayed at the Ascelpios resort which was a few miles out of San Jose up in the mountains. There are 12 bungalows there and I think the most that can be present is 24 guests, but, there were maybe 10 of us if that--which was so lovely.
Poolside

The resort

Spa facilities 

The staff was amazing, the spa treatments rocked and the grounds were just stunning. I also went on a zipline tour even further up in the mountains and that was probably the neatest thing I've done in ages! I'm scared of heights, so, there were some concerns, but, I DID IT. And it was so gorgeous up there. Goodness! I felt like I was in the Garden of Eden--for real!
Colinas de los Poas--aka Garden of Eden

Hiking through the trees

Wheeeee!!

I had literally some of the best food of my life--oh my gosh, I had a tuna dish that seriously changed my life. I got some sun (too much, standard), got my ass kicked in yoga (nailed a handstand, what what) and cried out some gunk.
Displeased at my tan lines--with sunscreen!

Hello, bathtub!

Where I slept

View from my room--I KNOW


Amazing Costa Rican sunset!

Morning in the mountains

Am I better? Yes. Am I totally "healed"? Oh hell no. But, I did work out a lot of stuff and I cried a lot. I've done a lot of crying since I've been home as well, but, I'm trying to focus on the good and upwards and onwards and all that.

Then, because I wasn't spoilt enough, when I got home and my bestie whisked me off to Fort Worth to See Our Show at The Bass for a perfect girls night out.
Idiot besties at the Barricades (which you can maybe kind sorta see behind us)

I cried the whole time, she held my hand, we both cried, and it was just what this weary soul needed.

I don't know where I'm going, I know where I've been and Costa Rica is helping me get to where I want to go!


3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like an AMAZING trip! Although... you need to start remembering to bring me with you. :)

That Pink Girl said...

That bathtub alone is worth a flight to Costa Rica! So glad you are finding your peace in this world.

You deserve it all!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Yeah! (Both for the trip and the shoes paying themselves off :-) It looks incredible, and I'm so glad it was fun and healing.