Friday, August 8, 2008

Finally (Fabulous) Friday

Good morning y'all.

Made it to the gym last night, and I may or may not have been rockin' out on the treadmill to The Sound of Music soundtrack (shut up). Let me tell ya, lip synching to "Do Re Mi" while running--not easy. Also, I'm sure it was wildly hilarious as I may or may not have spontaneously attempted to act out various scenes from the movie. Don't judge me, you know you love that movie too. I'm not even kidding, running to musical soundtracks= time goes by quicker. (I might have a slight addiction to musicals. I blame this on my mother)

3 miles, guys! I know that's not huge, but, for someone who literally has not run in 3 years (I work out, I just do not run), I'm rather excited. And thanks everyone for your nice comments and support. I had no idea I was going to get myself so in over my head in the upcoming months--I mean, Italian, training for a race and everything else? Wow. I love all your comments, y'all will get me through this (thanks in advance).

Did I mention that today is 8/8/08? Oh I didn't? Well, you all know what today is--Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics!! I'll admit it, I love the Olympics. I have total, 100%, all consuming Olympic fever. I was lucky enough to attend the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake and bawled like a baby when Team USA entered the stadium. I just love the Olympics.


I love the team spirit, and I love that we can all get behind these people and cheer them on. Also, man, I really hope that Michael Phelps can win all the medals this time around so that everyone will just leave the kid alone!

Yes, I realize that I'm totally cheesy and a huge nerd, but, let's just breeze past that, shall we?

PS. I picked up this fabulous sweater last week. I am not a fan of sweater weather, but, I may be reconsidering.


OK, I suppose I must go work now...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of All...3 MILES IS GRRREAT!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Second of all...I love the Olympics, too :)

Third: I love that Argyle Sweater! it is adorable!!!

{amy k.} said...

I love musicals too! My fav when I was little was "7 brides for 7 brothers" haha. Although, I've yet to run to a soundtrack, I think I need to try that!

I love the olympics and cry too! I'm a dork, I cry when people clap for other people! (lame, I can't help it though)

and 8-8-08 I'm hoping my little nephew comes to the world today!

oh, and super cute sweater!

Mrs.Preppy said...

The Sound of Music is my all time FAVORITE movie. I love everything about it... My dad is over in Austria right now and went on a Sound of Music tour the other day... I was very jealous.

I too, cannot wait for the Olympics to begin. I love all of the human interst stories they do / athlete profiles.

Mikki said...

I LOVE The Sound of Music. Love every single song from it. You go girl!! GR8 job on the 3 miles.
Love the Olympics. Can't wait to enjoy them over the next few weeks. I'll be crying every time our guys are on the podium.

Natalie Jane said...

I can't wait to run to the Mama Mia soundtrack....

Ashley said...

Wow, 3 miles! Amazing! You know what soundtrack you should totally run to? The Mamma Mia soundtrack! It's so peppy and fun, gets me going all the time! I practically dance in the car! :)
I LOVE the Olympics too. You are lucky you got to go to the Opening Ceremonies in SLC! I went to a ski event in SLC and that was pretty awesome, but not as great as the Opening Ceremonies!