Right.
Someone, please, remind me that I don't run. Please. Someone just casually pull me aside and say "SP, you don't run. Royals do not run." And I'll say "Why yes, of course. I will not run." Ha! Where were you with these tempting words yesterday when I somehow got myself sucked into running a marathon relay ?(or is it relay marathon? I'm not really sure)....Which is slightly ironic because my work is involved in one of the race events, so, blah, blah, I should be there anyway, blah, blah.
Someone, please, remind me that I don't run. Please. Someone just casually pull me aside and say "SP, you don't run. Royals do not run." And I'll say "Why yes, of course. I will not run." Ha! Where were you with these tempting words yesterday when I somehow got myself sucked into running a marathon relay ?(or is it relay marathon? I'm not really sure)....Which is slightly ironic because my work is involved in one of the race events, so, blah, blah, I should be there anyway, blah, blah.
In any event, I, The Shabby Princess have started running again. This has been an on and off love affair over the last few years of my life. Lately, however, it has been "off". In a big way. But, I've hit the treadmill twice in the last week (um, the other days I was using the elliptical, not slackin'), and yesterday, almost, almost made it through my "Running Mix" on my iPod. Baby steps (name that movie!).
I've got 130 days to run this thing. And, with my luck, they'll give me the first or last leg. 6 miles. Woo freaking whoo.
OK, now I have to go inhale the chocolate I am hiding in my desk (it's dark chocolate, which means that the antioxidants cancel out the sugar and calories. What? You didn't know that? Obviously you have not been taught by moi about chocolate) and then pretend for the rest of the day to be all granola and into running, man....
On the upside, if I do pull this thing off (wish me luck), I'm treating myself to a pair of Bonannos. In the dead of winter.


10 comments:
Woo Hoo! Good for you!
You'll do great. I need to do something like that... but maybe some other time! :)
I don't run. I mean I. seriously. don't. run. I wouldn't run for the bus if it was 5 feet away from me and pulling away from the curb.
Good luck! You'll to fantastic, and those bonanos (?did I spell it right?) are great motivation.
Thanks for visiting my blog! I am dark chocolate fan as well and justify my ridiculous levels of consumption by it's health benefits - I beleive it works particularly well with 'antioxident rich' red wine :)!
wahoo! that is awesome. anything with the word marathon would scare me! & after you get your sandals, you'll have to go somewhere exciting so you can send in a picture to their where in the world contest.
Running is over-rated. At least that's what I've been telling myself for my whole life. Mainly, I just despise running. It's the worst form of torture!
Ally- you can do it!! This will change your life forever-you'll realize that your in charge of your body! I have faith that you'll love it and want to sign up for the next 5K run...
well, you're a better woman than I. I have noticed over the last few years that all my friends that don't seem to have to worry about weight are runners...but even though I've made that mental connection, my feet won't do it. I have been walking though, and even that feels good. But,this isn't about me...it's about you so, GO YOU!
ok girl...you can do this!!! i wish i was there and you would be feeling better about yourself before we even got out of your driveway!!! i would be huffing and puffing....and you would be just getting started and saying something like "COME ON MERRIANNE--YOU'RE MOVING LIKE AN OLD LADY!!!!!!" :)
I'm laughing! I only run when I'm being chased!
love your blog (found it from Diet Divas) - the movie you quoted "what about bob" :) Happy day to you and good luck with running !
Post a Comment