The bug infestation? Yeah, I'm working on it. Did you know that there are not in fact enough hours in the day to go to work, vacuum, do dishes, go back to work (I know) and get like 10 loads of laundry done? Yeah, 24 hours? Not enough. (the laundry is not done. 3 loads down, 7 to go. Long story. We're washing all of our laundry that was "clean" but not put away. Oh, and when I say "we" I mean "me")
Apparently, my feet have decided that "oh no, it's totally fine to be shorter than the Olympic Champion Gymnast" (she's 5'3"--brat...just kidding, NL, I adore you) and have rejected wearing anything that is not in fact a flat. My most comfiest favoritest heels? Yeah, they were torture to the tootsies yesterday. And today? I'm wearing my even more comfy, wider, looser, bigger non restricting pair and guess what--they hurt like a mother too. I don't get it!! I always wear heels (it's a short person thing. I'm short. I'm shorter than a gymnast. But, taller than Shaun Johnson--ha ha ha). And, I'm pretty awesome in heels in that I can walk myself all over campus, the grocery store and sometimes across the street to 7-11 with no problemo. Today? Notsomuch.
My desk looks like a large tornado hit it. I need file cabinets.
Currently, mi casa is full of toxic smokey chemicals. Nice. I feel so un-organic about this and it kills me! (so, don't go trying to break into my house or nothin', cause you'll die)
Puppies (who are not really puppies) are at daycare/groomers (clean puppies, yum!) and kitty is at lovely boss lady's house.
I may or may not have a can of bug spray in my car (for precaution, of course). So, I decided to park in the covered lot that is further away from my office. Mind you, this lot has 5 levels and there is assigned parking on level 1 (I can't park there, and it suuuuccckkkss), but, I have been assured that anyone can park on levels 3-5. I'm thinking "covered parking, less sunlight, equals no exploding bug spray", because, well, no one wants a bug bombed Honda Accord....So, I pull into the entrance and swipey swipe my card. "ERROR--Access DENIED". Are you freaking kidding me?? Yeah, I'm still waiting to here back from the parking people as to why I cannot park on levels 3-5--or even get in! So, I 100-point-turned-it and got into a teeny space in front of my office. Hoping to avoid direct sunlight. And heat.
Which should be easy because it's cloudy and hopefully raining today.
And I totally left my umbrella at the restaurant last night. (yup)
Luckily, the Williams-Sonoma catalog made it home safely. (have you been in there lately?? It took all my restraint not to use entire checking account balance in there last night... Ohh mama, when I get paid this will all change...)
Seriously, what are the odds?
PS. I'm taking this whole thing as proof of Murphy's law. Or whatever. Don't worry, I'm laughing too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Hey Ally! It's Kaci from Diet Divas (in case you're like who the heck is this? =))
LOL! I so do the 100pt turns too! Sucks about your tooties hope they are feeling better soon.
GOSH! you have such a way of making a bad situation sound FUNNY! i almost feel guilty for laughing so hard!!!
you know i mean all my laughs out of love.....:) ha haaa!!!!
you are so sweet & funny!
What kind of bugs...what kind of bugs...what kind of bugs??? I hate bugs!
Your post is hilarious! Sorry for laughing, but it really is funny...and sorry about the bugs...your feet will heel, but the BUGS!!! They gotta go.
Hope today is a better day.
Well, i really hope your car makes it through the day without the bug bomb going off. That would be quite the sight to see though huh'?
Hope your feet get feeling better very soon.
That is such a funny post! You definitely did have "one of those days." But you have such a great attitude! :)
My feet have ALWAYS rejected heels. Just wearing them for three hours during church is a total stretch and about as long as I can stand them, EVER! Oh, and I love Williams-Sonoma too. It's so drool-worthy!
Post a Comment