Friday, August 29, 2008

3 Day Weekend!

Let me tell you, 5 PM cannot come soon enough today. Seriously. Want to sleep. Desperately. (or, at least, just not be at work for like 9-10.5 hours...seriously, this week has been loooonnnnnggg)

Mind you, I haven't started my Italiano (and yes, that is how it will be reffered to from here on out) classes, but, really, what was I thinking? Seriously. Class. Yikes! I'm already tired just thinking about it.

Seriously, is it 5 yet? 3 day weekends are my friend. Although, this weekend will be filled with house item shopping, notsomuch of the sleeping. Oh, and, I need a haircut. And I need to run. But, mostly, need to finish up the guest room and touch up some paint in the hallway and kitchen. Sounds wildly exciting, no? I know, I really do, in fact, lead a tres glamourous life. I know, don't be jealous....

Anybody else have any wildly exciting weekend plans? (please say yes)

PS. And here's where I'd like to be on this nice extended weekend....


image via flickr

Did you know Some Like it Hot was filmed there? Which of course is one of my favorite movies, which was on TV this week. Which was fabulous.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

My plans for this weekend???
SPENCER
SPENCER
and more
SPENCER!

{the kids will be at my parents house ALL NIGHT tonight!!!}

Kaci said...

Oooo sleep sounds devine! No weekend plans, Jon running in another race but eh...not much else. :)

GrannySmithGreen said...

Oh, isn't that the Del Coronado? We went there when I was a child. A lovely spot for sure.

Have a restful weekend! Rest, rest, rest...

Mikki said...

my weekend plans unfortunately include: work on Saturday, work on Sunday :o(, and housework--cleaning up the bomb that has gone off in our house) on Monday. I think we'll probably squeeze in a bbq on Monday though.
I hope you get a nice long nap each day though.

{amy k.} said...

Your new header's super cute!

Hope the house decorating goes well... find some minutes to snooze too!

No exciting plans for me this weekend- we'll see what comes about!

Anonymous said...

ooh hotel del coronado? Love it there! Ciao for now - have a great week end!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I love that movie! Have fun on the long weekend!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I love your new header, scrapblog, right?? I use that too and it is so fun.

photography by suzanne said...

Love the new look on your site and love you.
Have a super great weekend angel.

Suzi

kelly said...

hope you have a wonderful weekend. you deserve it.

Ashley said...

I hear ya. . . I am WAY excited to be able to sleep in tomorrow! I've felt tired all week long!
Ooooh, I LOVE that movie too and I also LOVE that hotel! I've never stayed in it but I've eaten dinner there at their restaurant and I've played the harp for a wedding there. I don't have too many exciting plans for the weekend because I will be IN San Diego in a week! I'm getting excited!

Kellie said...

Great great great movie! I'm a huge fan! I have absolutely nothing planned for the long weekend...and I LOVE it!

Natalie said...

I hope it makes you feel better to know that your weekend will be better than mine. I have to clean out my garage so that we can get some reconstruction done from an upstairs toilet that overflowed and made the garage ceiling fall down. I'm not even sure what all got ruined. That'll teach me to organize my life better, eh?! Gross.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Oooh, ooh - I know The Del very well! You should see it at Christmas, when they deck the halls and all that - divine.

The only thing nearly as fab as that hotel is the movie filmed there - "Some Like It Hot" is ten types of wonderful.