Friday, September 12, 2008

And so the plan begins.... (y'all must think I am crazy)

So, I mentioned earlier about this whole wanting to be "cute & petite" thing.... And, the new James Bond trailer is online (yay!) which reminded me that even though I'm a Thanksgiving Child every few years, that really, my birthday celebration will begin the first week of November with Mr. Bond.

So, holy moly, that cut 3 weeks off my plan!

Plan is: cute, petite, young, fun, fresh. By November.

Annnnd go!

Here's Reese, aka my blonde idol
from here


And my other blonde idol. BFF A says I could go Grace Kelly blonde, but, I worry that it could backfire and I'd end up looking like a rejected Playmate.


from here

And I do love me some Amy Adams....(who's not a natural redhead by the way)


from here

And the "Fs"--Jenna Fischer...

from here

(Um, also, don't you adore this picture? It's Jim & Pam fantasticalness. And yes, I'm aware that this photo is 'old'. I don't care. They sooo need to be together in real life. Like a Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams type thing. Jenna & John: start dating. Like now.)

And Isla Fischer--who is so cute I could just pinch her cheeks

from here

Why am I so hell bent on red(ish) hair??

Here's the dealio kids: Reese, Amy, Jenna and Isla are so darn cute! And older than me.

My goal: figure out how the crap to look like that. Before November.

Now, before you get all bent out of shape, I'm not talking about some "extreme makeover", no, no, I'm just talking about wanting to look younger, fresher (read: not exhausted 24/7), and cute. That's all I'm looking for. My job has really sucked the life out of me, I'm tellin' ya, and I'm going to need it back.

I was always the "cute" one of my friends. Not pretty, definitely not "hot", I was "cute". These days, notsomuch. And, that photo on my sidebar, yeah, do you realize how Photoshopped that thing is?? For real... And, also, this isn't me saying I'm ugly or anything, or waaah waaah my life is terrible, no, no, this is just me, wanting to feel the way I did several years ago.

That's the plan, Stan. Now, how to implement said plan? (wow, I am just asking for advice all over the place this week)

PS. I'm hopefully going to London on business next month, but, since we are sans official boss, my ticket and hotel room purchasing has been put on hold. Let's hope there's a room and a flight available!! And, also, that my passport photo works. They told me it was "really close", but "that is should work"--comforting words, no? The Shabby Princess will be very sad if she doesn't get to go to London for work--mainly because she'll sound super cool. And will hopefully get to see a show while she's there.

It's Friday!!

8 comments:

Kaci said...

Oooo I think you'd look awesome as a red head! I can't pull off any other hair color then brown...I have dark eyebrows and it just looks funky. But I do well with highlights...like red and blonde...oooo way cool!

Mikki said...

You should definitely try the red. What have you got to lose?
Spend a day and get some pampering done--a mani, a pedi, a massage (if you can afford it--if not, your loving man might be a good resource). Maybe that'll help put a little pep in your step!

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

great photos isla is beautiful!

Kellie said...

Go red! Go red! Do it ! I'm telling you w/your skin you'd look FABULOUS! If you don't want to go too red at first, maybe you could ask for strawberry blonde.If you like it, you can go a little deeper the next time.

And London...I hope you get to go! I've wanted to go to London since my junior year of High School!

kelly said...

first of all... i so hope you get to go to london. what a great time! and if you figure out the plan, please share. i'm not feeling very cute these days

Anonymous said...

to ME...cute IS sexy most of the time!!!! and i think you are already BOTH...so RED hair would FIT you to a "T"!!!!!

go for it!

and

post pictures!!!!

Jewel Allen said...

What a plan...go for it!!

-from a fellow Mommy blogger aspiring to be published

Saucy said...

Oh yes we have all of the same idols! Sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit... I agree. What about a honey kind of red, with blonde highlights? That would be great. It would help the red from looking fake, sometimes red looks fake. I know the look you're going for, you don't want fake.