Thursday, June 11, 2009

I really need to watch the news

Because then I would have known there was a big a$* storm headed my direction last night and I could have been prepared for the massively long and scary power outage.

(I was instead watching Friends on DVD and cooking dinner--you know what dinner became thanks to the power outage? Chocolate, peanut butter, corn chips and cereal. Awesome.)


I promised you a giveaway, but, alas, we'll have to wait as I could not photograph the items with no power, thus, no computer.

And, my backyard, pool and garage are flooded.

As is my upstairs balcony (how?!)--and I barely made it to work because my neighborhood is under 500 million feet of water.

Why am I here and not at home cleaning up the mess?

I'm on deadline.

I'm going to give the husband an earful when he gets home.

11 comments:

TUWABVB said...

I heard you guys got nailed last night - I was so worried. And a friend from Dallas said it's still raining today? Just be careful - hopefully the rain will stop and the water will dry up. Texas weather is crazy!

Dollface said...

That dinner sounds amazing!!! haha.. sorry about the power outage though, xxooo

Lindsey said...

Oh no! I hate when I don't know the weather and I'm not prepared, but I do it all the time! I'll go outside in a skirt and it's FREEZING!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

This storm bites. It is seriously still raining and thundering. Our apt has terrible insulation so I feel like I am in a tent with the loud thunder. I hate thunder it scares me. I'm sorry your power went out, ours is just flickering. Texas has terrible power lines. In AZ they have a better system that Texas needs to invest in.
Luckily you had your dogs to protect you from the scary thunder while the hubby is away. haha can you tell I am a big baby?

Lucky in Love said...

So sorry you're alone!! Hope the storm calms down and you can get everything all cleaned up. I'll be thinking of you!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry. Hope everything is ok at home & you all are safe up there.

You cannot be blamed for not watching the news, either; where we come from, you don't have to watch the news to know the (perfect) weather! ;-)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh no, i'm sorry! i don't watch the news or weather very often either, if i was there, i would have ended up with the same dinner too=)! hope you're surviving and your neighborhood drains very soon!!

Mojito Maven said...

yeah lightening struck our house AGAIN and we lost our air conditioner AGAIN. darn texas weather.

Dani said...

Just came across your blog--LOVE it! :)

jlc said...

i'm obsessed with friends and can watch it over and over again!!



and oh mannnnn... we're supposed to be having the SAME thing come to the northeast.


How are the temps?? I shall be in your "motherland" in about ohhhh 19 days!!!
:D

Jane said...

Ahhh ... I'm trying to watch TV right now and its just stupid weather people. Seriously, unless there is an actual TORNADO actually on the ground, please don't interrupt my TV time. Please.