First up, I loathe the term "staycation"--let's just get that out in the open, K? Good. No offense to those who use it, it just bugs me.
SP is taking a few days off work this week because by God I'm thisclose to losing it and snapping someone's head off (I promise I'm a real nice person--it's all the Jon & Kate drama I tell you--it's hurting my soul! Especially since I feel I should get Alexis in the divorce. Clearly). No joke. It doesn't help matters that my SIL is headed to Hawaii next week. I'm not jealous or anything. Nope. Not at all.
With the husband not working (prayers please!) and the fact that I have a race this weekend (why must races occur in 103 degree heat, riddle me this, my friends?), we can't really go anywhere, although I would sell my right arm (or left) to go to Florida, Hawaii or any tropical beach--it just isn't happening.
So, I'm planning on sleeping in, yoga-ing, running, tanning by the pool, and we'll do a few lovely day trips. It's all very exciting. Plus, the pups get to go to daycare, which makes SP happy because they'll sleep through the night (miracles all around!).
Here's where you come in, lovely bloggers. What the ef should I do? Are there healthy (um, still trying to lose weight, kids) restaurants I should try? Is there a cute B&B I should book a night at? Hiking trails I've yet to discover?
Fess up Texas gals--what should this landlocked lady do?
Fess up Texas gals--what should this landlocked lady do?
We may venture to Oklahoma for a day/afternoon to go hiking, or we may head to Austin... Who knows! Fess up. Good eats, good fun? What should we do?
Thanks in advance! You're literally lifesavers.


17 comments:
Love staycations, Garth and I did one awhile ago and it was so relaxing! In fact, we may be due for another one!=)
You live in the Dallas-area, correct? Have you tried Buzzbrew's yet? It was located right around the corner from our old house and you will love it! It doesn't look like much (it's on the service road of 75 near a motel), but it's all healthy freshly-made food. They have great smoothie/icies and vegetarian dishes. And I think they are open 24 hours. You have to try it!
http://www.buzzbrews.com/
Head to Austin, obviously!
I'm with you on "staycation"; let's say instead that I'm happy you get to spend a few days off not working.
Hill country!!!
Choose OK! It's fabulously cool here. :)
Enjoy your time off!!
I've never been there, but if I were you I'd head to Austin. I've heard lots about what a fun and pretty city it is! Good luck planning your fun time!!
I've never been to Texas so I am of no help...but I just wanted to say that Alexis is my very favorite as well and I just love her to pieces :) Hope you have a great time off work!!
Austin is really fun!
I tagged you today :)
Oh, and I loathe the word staycation too. Dumb.
My only suggestion would be to get out of Dallas! Maybe head over to Ft Worth or Austin... I also think the term "staycation" is stupid.
Enjoy your well deserved break!
I'm praying for the hubby to find a job!!!!
I sadly don't have any places for you to try out! But I will send good staycation, I mean vacation vibes your way!! Maybe check out some movies and new books? :)
I hope you enjoy yourself and stay cool!!!
Its ok I'm staying in Austin for the 4th of July and it is my birthday "wont wont" imagine that depressing noise where I have typed wonts
I'm getting my hair done and going out to dinner on the 3rd then on my actual birthdate the 4th Boyfriend & I are waking up early heading to San Marcos for some outlet shopping then back to Austin for a Kelli Pickler concert at Dell Diamond real mature I know what a way to celebrate my 24th birthday but my Texas Drivers License has still not arrived in the mail so I have no id to get drinks or do anything too fabulous and I'm too broke to go home to New Orleans to celebrate with friends or the beach... derng job of mine!
Good Luck on your race!!!
I'll fight you for Alexis in that divorce!
Awhhh have fun anyways. I have to recommendations sorry...
Good luck with the race.
Come see me!
Ya'll can't go to Port Aransas? They're really cheap!
Come to Tennessee and help me prepare to have a baby next week. Seriously, I could use some pleasant distraction. Let's go to the mall.
Post a Comment