Last week, after my first race, I gave my Visa a workout at my favorite store: Target.
Who knew I could rack up so much at Target? Yeah, it was a bit surprising.
Shall we see the loot SP made out with? Yes, we shall.
First up: new bikini. Because last year I purchased a tankini with boy shorts in a size of which we do not speak, I decided that this year, I needed to sport something not grandma-esqe. I am currently in love with a blue and white seersucker J. Crew lovely, but, can't justify the $$. Even though Victoria's Secret was having an amazing sale on beach wear, I don't like ordering that online--I want to see how it covers, um, fits.
Now friends, this does not do the suit justice. It is cute, somewhat covering (I think it's clear that I am no longer at that itsy bitsty teeny weenie bikini stage of my life anymore) and the amber tones totally rock with my red hair. Love it.
They are a kind of skinny dark, dark blue that's almost black. I love them. I will probably need to be restrained from purchasing them in khaki and gray. I wish they had actual "denim" ones though--I love my jeans! PS. They're on sale.
So, what else does SP do after a race? Oh, purchase some workout DVDs to make herself feel even thinner. Two haven't been opened, but, that's besides the point!
Shape (Magazine): Make Over Your Butt, Hips and Thighs DVD: purchasing dumbbells to workout with tomorrow and will be trying out this DVD after work tomorrow.
Gaiam Power Yoga DVD: Holy mother. I did this last Wednesday night and was sore, sore, sore on Thursday. Good sore. It was challenging and pushed me beyond my limits. I'm no yogi, so, I'm sure for seasoned practicers, it wouldn't be much, but, I loved it. Plus, it's filmed in Hawaii.
Gaiam Pilates Core Challenge DVD: We'll be trying this out tonight...
I heart Target. It's a bad, bad, place. The SuperTarget even has gluten free cake mixes.
OK, now I should probably get to work and make some $$ (so I can spend it at Target, obvis).
Happy Wednesday!


18 comments:
gah, Target is soooo dangerous! I have a "plus one" rule. I can buy anything on my list, plus one goody for myself. Otherwise I will go crazy and fill up my basket!
sooo cute.. and sooo dangerous shopping there, bc everything is such a good deal!! xxooo
Tell me what you think of that hip, theigh and butt dvd. Those are my problem spots!
Must go to Target...
I went into target the other week to buy my best friend a b.day present and came out not only with things for her but a new blouse, cute pair of flats, and a bridal mag. for myself! Shame shame shame!
Loving that swimsuit! I will def. be looking for it!!!
I love Target - but it is SOO dangerous because everything is usually a great product at a reasonable price!
Yay for all of your finds!!
ok here is an analogy for you:
Mojito Maven: Restoration Hardware::
Shabby Ally: Target
We call Target the Mecca at my house. Target has more entries on my debit card register than ANY other store!
Ah, I understand, my invisible blog friend. Target is my #1 spot for "how on Earth did I spend this much" shopping?
Adore the bikini and the walking shorts/whateveryoucallits.
very cute finds, can't wait to be pre-preggy weight and share in all these fun finds! and definitely let us know how the dvds are!! you are rockin' the workout scene=)
Target, my love, my enemy. As if the products alone weren't tempting, now I've discovered the mango slushies they sell at the snack stand place. Walk into Target, grab red cart, make beeline for mango slushie, commence shopping. Ahh........
Good finds! I live less than a mile from a brand new Super Target. I spend hours in there just walking around. I end up putting everything in my cart and then before I check out I make myself stop and edit down my cart. I am dying to run over and look at those shorts right now.
Love getting shopping therapy at le target. cute finds. I love them all, and I bet they look especially fetching on you!!!
Thanks for your sweet comments this week. My Ashley actually made it to school today, yippee!! ANd yes, she got a blessing Sunday night.
Great finds! Love those shorts!
I have never walked out of Target having spent less than 3 figures. Even when I run in for "one" thing. It's like a giant money sucking vortex.
Target can rarely do any wrong there is a Super Target 4 miles in one direction from me and then a nice new freshly opened since last November 2 miles in the other direction...this causes problems!!!
Oooo so pretty!!
Hey long lost sweetie, I'm back from wherever it was I went to MIA! How's the writing and running coming?! I will catch up on some of your posts in a few hours k. I haven't been to sleep yet and I just barely started pulling blog pages up! I've updated my own. Literally, just within the last hour or so, I am back into blogging! I've written 11 chapters into my book. I'm motivated finally ;) Missed writing this last week due to being a super duper busy week, and need to go purchase a new thumbdrive as mine croaked. LOL. Just getting back into running again too. Things are looking up again for me and I'm jumping in full-force! Missed ya girlie! ;)
More later, ~Christy
I always get in trouble when I decide to grocery shop at target. I come home with way more than food items. :)
Post a Comment