Yesterday was an awful day. Downright scary. And awful. And all the other likeminded terms that could go along with "sucky". But! Today is a new day.
I had a great run this morning and only screwed myself by stopping to walk at one point which then just killed my motivation--but! I only stopped to walk because I was like "man, I should really stop for a second, I'm almost done and haven't stopped yet". So, that was encouraging. (why did I stop?!?!)
Anyways! I'm rambling (I like to ramble, this is a problem). But! Here's where I'm trying to go with all this: a long lost childhood BFF of mine sent me this quote in an e-mail last night and I wanted to share it with all of you. I don't know where it came from, who said it, etc, but, she sent it to me and it just made my heart sing that I wanted to share singing happy hearts with y'all: (and, please note my comments in bold--because y'all know I can't not comment)
"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be (even if you feel 100% like that's not true, pretty much how I feel--but, I'm trying to find peace within the storm). May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass along the love that has been given to you (we all have love to share--make some cookies, share a smile--it helps us all). May you be content with yourself just the way you are (I'm working on this--even though I'm still not at my goal weight and far from it, I feel stronger and I feel like I look better...Maybe I'm not meant to be a size whatever anymore). Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."
Happy Tuesday y'all! Now, go forth and sing, dance, and praise!


7 comments:
No room for regrets....the past is history and today is your gift... xxxoxoo
You + Me + coffee date = needs to happen NOW!!
I miss you friend. Sorry I have been so MIA. Life is insane!
Love you!
This post makes me smile. :) Hope you're having a fantastic day today!
Aw, good for you! We can always choose our attitude, but sometimes it is really hard to choose a positive one! Love that you are doing that. Each new day is a gift that was not promised!
What a fabulous quote!! Thanks for sharing :)
Great quote!!
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Well said.
I'm so very excited for you that you got to reconnect with an long-lost BFF - that's the best!
Post a Comment