Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Love, love, love

Since it is after all the month of loooove with Valentine's Day and all, and since I'm feeling especially happy and sappy today (thanks in part to my kick ass 6 miler--dude, in 54 minutes, that's like super fast for me--this was also intervals, so, that's my overall time, but, whatever) I thought I'd ramble about a few things that I love right now (and since happiness is fleeting this week--ugh, work, work, job, bleh! we better take it while we can)

In no particular order...

The crazy happy sounds my Ella Mae beagle makes whenever I come home. It's like "Hi, hi, hi Mom! You're home. I missed you so. What if you never came back? Squirrel!". Makes me so happy.

Boxer wiggles. If you've ever seen a boxer, you know they're wiggle machines, and my Butchie boy is no exception.

Hand me down family heirloom quilts like the one currently on my bed. Handmade (handmade!) by my grandma.

Snuggling on said quilt before bed with the beagle. She gets in bed early and waits for me as we're both early to bed. Me because I wake up to run, she just needs a good 11hrs+ for her beauty sleep.

Candles. My collection is out of control!

Chips & salsa. My snack of choice and a dietary staple as far as I'm concerned!

Congratulations on a job well done (rare, like Bigfoot, but, still, very exciting).

The Dallas Running Club. I love those crazies. Wouldn't have run a marathon without them!

Blog friends--y'all rock my face off! I heart you big time. Be my Valentine?

Horribly tacky but super warm sweatshirts. No shame in my game, kids.

Chocolate. Another dietary staple. Nope, couldn't be a vegan--I've made peace with that.

Diet Coke. Cause really, y'all don't want to see me without it.

Vacations. We finally might be able to go on one! It looks like Florida or Mexico this summer (we haven't booked anything because we're currently still trying to figure out how on God's green earth we are going to get to Catalina, get to the race, get off the island, and get home. It's kind of a drama and using all our travel energy).

Marathons. Marathons equal finisher shirts and medals. And hopefully, a present from the hubs. (he spoils me just a bit)

Cute movies. Currently obsessed with Up. The dog? Yeah, that's Ella Mae. "Please oh please be my prisoner!". Love it!

Cookies. Because who doesn't love cookies? I currently can't make any because I'm out of regular sugar! Brown sugar? Check? Powdered? 3 bags--check! White cane sugar? Notsomuch. WTF.

Sleep. Yep, there, I said it. If there was a job in which I could sleep, I'd be so awesome at it it's not even funny.

Now, what about you, what are some things you love? (besides me, of course)

18 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Uber cute list!!!

I love warm sheets fresh out the dryer, chocolate chip cookies and
I love my boyfriend. I'm so schmoopy! :)

Patience said...

I love sleep too. It is one of my favorite things to do.

Lisa said...

Diet Coke and chips and salsa? We are soul sisters!

Great list.

Teresa said...

First of all, I have to say that your posts almost always make me laugh out loud. This one is no exception! I love your "Up" references. One of my absolute favorite things is the soft, pudginess of my 16 month old's huge cheeks when I kiss her. My face almost melts into hers...and she giggles. Just the best. Hands down.

Samma said...

I love sleep so much- some book I once read likened it to hot french bread with butter. Mmmmm. In accordance with that I love a freshly made bed with crisp sheets. Now I am dying for a nap.

Dixie, my beagally blond pup (mix of beagle and yellow lab) makes a noise like this when she sees me "eee! eee! eee!". Hee.

THE Stephanie said...

Mmmm... chips and salsa. Can we add queso to that?? :)

Zoƫ said...

Ah loves!

Dug is my favorite character from Up...and I love the way it's spelled too. Hee hee!

I heart boats of any kind, kisses from my hubs and kitty, and singing my heart out to a great song in the car. :)
(OH, and the word "schmoopy" a la Morgan)

Glamorous Newlywed said...

I HATE my job too! Want to quit and be professional nappers/reality tv watchers/diet coke drinkers with me?

I think yes.

Stephanie said...

My husband hates cookies. I actually didn't know until I mailed him 7 dozens of cookies (while he was at training in upstate NY). He called me, drunk, 5 months later, to tell me that he hates cookies.

That's the ONLY thing I dislike about him. Otherwise, he's perfect.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

we love candles! and chocolate, couldn't live without it, and cookies, oh, yummy! yay for a vacation coming up, you need it and deserve it! =)

Jane said...

I pretty much love all of those things as well, especially sleep, chips & salsa, and diet coke...in no particular order!

Brittany Ann said...

Ditto. Especially the sleep part. Adore that!

TUWABVB said...

I love puppy wiggles - they warm my heart. Love this post!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

TOTALLY agree with the sweatshirts. I LOVE the way my husband looks at me, no matter how gross and haggard I feel he makes me feel like a super model daily.

GREAT list!

Lindsey said...

I am obsessed with UP too, it's so stinkin' cute!!

Talia said...

What do I love...

1) My daughter is coming home for the weekend (from College) YIPPEE!!

2) Alone time

3) Chocolate - any way, shape and form

4) My friends -- they are the best on the planet

5) My Mom - perfection

6) Pita chips

7) Laughing

8) My daytimer

9) The feeling I have after a good run or exercising

10) My cuddleduds (it is cold here!

Nishant said...

It is one of my favorite things to do.

Make website india

Cake for Breakfast said...

I love crab legs, Ally McBeal, my furry baby Quinn and when she sleeps on top of me at night, seeing movies by myself and then taking me out to dinner, cookbooks!, looking sharp in business suits and Lunesta. Things I love.