Monday, February 22, 2010

Marathon Monday

Well, I know it's not technically Marathon Monday, but, it's my Marathon Monday gosh darn it!

The CowTown is Saturday (I big time puffy heart Saturday races) and it's so weird because I don't feel like I have a marathon this weekend, which is a good thing, and a bad thing. Good because I'm not stressing about it, bad because I've got so much other crap going on this week I'm stressing about that instead. Oh, and, I'm still sick. Sheesh.

But, I did manage to get in a kick booty final "long run" on Saturday. It was a lot harder (and hillier!) than I had anticipated, but, the harder the training runs, the better the races, right? (just agree with me here, K?)

I'm ready. I'm ready to run. I'm ready to PR. I'm ready to have fun.

I'm ready to run on my home turf and to giddily drive home with that post marathon glow (that's also called sweat, fyi) to my puppies and crash on the sofa with them before getting take out and watching movies with my family (yes, I have high expectations for my post marathon weekend).

The clothes are picked out, the gear is ready. Now, the weather just needs to cooperate and we'll be fine. None of this scattered showers and 39 degree high nonsense. I don't enjoy that. I'm constantly freezing and do not want to run 26.2 miles in layers, understand Weather Gods?

So, it's Monday.

The Monday before I marathon. Again.

Eeek! Wish me luck. (I'm still kinda scared)

14 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Good luck at the Cowtown!

Dollface said...

I love that you puffy heart things! xxxxoo

Jen Feeny said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH RACE WEEK!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! <- This is me freaking out for both of us. :)

Aron said...

race week!!!!! soooo exciting :) good luck this weekend!

agalandherdog said...

Good luck!

Sam Felsenfeld said...

Can you believe you're running a marathon sooner than I am? :)

Hope you didn't overdo it on your run this weekend. Don't stress it — have fun, run smart and the PR will take care of itself!

d.a.r. said...

Yayayay!!! You can do it!!

Sara McCarty said...

Yay!! Good luck, good luck, good luck!! I just know you're going to rock this race. Do you have any reward or activity planned for Sunday?

That Pink Girl said...

Good luck! I hope you have a great race!

And yes, Saturday races are the best. More time to recover!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! How exciting! I will do my best to talk to the weather gods for you!

Melissa said...

You are running the cowtown marathon this weekend? Good for you!! I was going to run the 10K but had to take two weeks off from training and was too scared to do it. What other races in the Dallas area do you enjoy doing? I just moved here and did the White Rock last month. It was fun but super cold!

Brittany Ann said...

Good luck good luck good luck! Go girl!

Kaci said...

Good luck!!!!

Lucky in Love said...

You'll be fabulous girlie!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)