Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hi, I'm 80 years old

That's to say that I now regularly fall asleep around 8PM.

Totally missed Lost last night (and um, last week too--shut up). And slept in this morning.

Apparently, getting up at 5 on Monday, running 9 miles, going to work, going to class (and being the last group finished! arg! 10:30PM my ass!) and then getting up on Tuesday, running 7.5 miles, going to work, running errands--will cause you to crash. This whole class + marathon training + work + other responsibilities + being a wife/friend/sister/daughter thing is exhausting.

Only a few more weeks of class. Of course, class ends the week after Cowtown. Sure.

And the week of Cowtown? Insane crazy, crazy. Why do I end up running marathons in the midst of craziness? Is this some sort of Universe vs. me game? Because obviously, the Universe is winning (hear that Universe? You totally win. Now, can we play nice?).

But! But! But! I can hang on until then.

I think.

Also, it's freezing outside, and so naturally, I'm wearing a cute scarf. Problem: it smells all sorts of funky. Ick.

Please tell me that I'm not the only pseudo old person out there? Or am I just old?

14 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

I'm right there with you girl! Just call me Grandma Morgan. The only reason I stay up a little later than that is because I work two jobs and after my night job I call Spike before heading to bed! Otherwise my butt would be in bed at 8pm too!

Lucky in Love said...

I went to bed in the 8's two nights in a row so far.

Also, my scarf smells as well. And I continue to wear it because it's cute.

I shall was it someday.

Emily (The Culinary Couple) said...

I'm afraid this will happen to me, too, when I have to increase my mileage for a June marathon. Plus the commute to and from work and wifey responsibilities. My friends and family think I'm crazy. Glad I'm not alone!

Samma said...

You are superwoman. Just thinking about all of that makes me sleepy.

melissa said...

You're not old - you're amazing! I can't fathom doing all that. I'd have scrapped the early morning runs and fallen asleep in class. I think you're doing great.

Laura said...

I'm always falling asleep early and I'm not even training to run a marathon! I blame my job.

Dollface said...

I am in bed by 9... dont you worry!! and p.s. I got your pug card... I love you THAT much more, xxxoo

That Pink Girl said...

Girl, if I'm up past 9 I'm up LATE! That's what getting up at 4:30 to run does for you. Plus, tapering always seems to make you sleepy. It's like your body knows what's coming up and is trying to get all the rest it can! Just listen to it and snuggle in the biscuit during the cold weather!

Brittany Ann said...

I, too, am old. Welcome to the Granny club. Where sleeping and aching hips pretty much rule our world.

Kaci said...

Oh sister I think we all have early nights every now and then!! Okay so I have them 5 nights a week...shut up. :)

Rest up!

TexanCouture said...

I would go to bed at 9 p.m. every night if I didn't live with David & 2 dogs.

Sara McCarty said...

When I was training for my marathon I went to bed around 9 every night and was ALWAYS tired! It's just a lot of work for your body to continually try to recover again and again. Get some rest! At this point, the rest is more important than the long training runs. Promise. :) Take a nap, you have my permission. You can thank me later!

Lindsey said...

I am the same way!! I have gone to bed at 8 more times than I would like to admit, lol!

Nishant said...

I went to bed in the 8's two nights in a row so far.

Make website india