Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The goings on....

Things have been pretty lame around here lately and for that I apologize. Bad news? Don't expect it to get any more exciting in the near future. Yes, my life is just that awesome right now (read: actaully super boring). I'm hoping upon hope for an update on a possible new fabulous opportunity, but, am less optimistic than I was a week ago (::breaks down in tears like a little child and screams 'why!'::). So, that's obnoxious and sucky and stupid. Stupid.

But! I'm less than 2 weeks out from The Cowtown and although my right hip is a touch sore, it's nothing that ice, stretching and foam rolling can't cure. I feel great running wise, I feel strong and am excited. I really want to PR, which honestly, after the mental breakdown at mile 17 of Tulsa, I'm hoping I should be able to do that for crying out loud, but, hey, you never know. I've put in some challenging training runs this time--yes, I wasn't training for 24 weeks like I did for Tulsa (err, 6 weeks?) but, I'm kicking some serious booty and although the snow sloooowed me waaaay down last week, it was still a might bit faster than my last 20 miler for Tulsa, so, yay!

Also, Catalina! We're like thisclose to having our flights, hotels and boats all figured out. Who knew it would be difficult? Looks like we'll be hanging out on the island all day Friday which will be a great stress reliever and we'll head back to the "mainland" on Sunday morning since the last boat is at like 5 on Saturday and I fully expect to take 8 hours to finish the marathon and I don't need to rush to get on a boat less than 1 hour after the finish! But, I'm really excited. My first race of the year for Operation Jack! Yippee!

My sweet husband got me a lovely necklace for Valentine's Day--it's a silver butterfly and I love it. Hummingbirds have always kind of been "our thing" (we got married at The Hummingbird House), but, I love the butterfly. It's dainty and perfect. Turtles are my running guys, but, maybe I can include butterflies too?

I'm in the home stretch of class and only one more session before graduation. I can't wait. Nothing like an extra piece of paper to hang on my wall to remind people of how smart I am. Obviously.

What will I do with all that extra time? (probably watch TV)

Also, I'm addicted to the Olympics. I am such a cheeseball. I don't even care who wins most of the time, I just get so excited cheering on all those athletes. I keep telling my husband he needs to look into curling or something--I'm sure they make some $$, yes? But really, cannot turn off the Olympics.

I went to the opening ceremonies in SLC and let me tell you--there is nothing like watching your country enter the stadium in your colors, with your flag--whew--I balled my eyes out. But! In my defense, there wasn't a dry eye in the place--this was our Olympics. Also, coldest day of my life--we ordered hot chocolate and chili and by the time we sat down (3 minutes +/-) it was ice cold (I should note that it was steaming and boiling when we picked it up!). Stupid Vancouver being indoors--that is not hardcore guys.

I kind of wish I was there.

I'm a nerd.

Any other Olympic nerds out there? What did you do for Valentine's Day?

PS. Have you donated lately? Please help me raise funds for Train 4 Austism as I join Operation Jack in my marathon efforts this year. Want to help me run Catalina with pride? Donate today. Every little bit helps. Click here to donate today. Thank you.

7 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Get this: I foam-roll while watching the Olympics. Obsessively.

Best. Part. Of. My. Day.

Sassy Engineer said...

I am a total Olympics nerd! I love it :) I will watch it all night if I'm home. I'm always so sad when it ends too. Also, after watching some last night, I have decided I want to become a snowboarder and do the snowboard cross - might be hard down in TX though!

Dollface said...

awww... I love that your life is awesome right now!! miss u! xxxoo

Sara McCarty said...

PR! PR! PR! You can do it!! Rah rah rah!

I super-mega-heart the Olympics too! We watch them the entire time they're on and DVR when we miss them. I love it all! Even the crappy sports.

Sam Felsenfeld said...

I like the Olympics ... if I'm having troubles sleeping!

I'm sorry you're so excited to meet me ... you're gonna be disappointed!

Unknown said...

I love the Olympics, too! I have been watching everyday! The athletes are amazing and I think that Winter Olympics features sports that are more exhilirating than that of the Summer Olympics. I cannot imagine hurling myself down a mountain at top speed on top of what amounts to be toothpics.

Heather said...

Your new necklace sounds pretty!