I got a manicure (first one in like a year) by a lady named 'Bich'. And no I am not making this up, and yes I read her nametag wrong (not outloud, luckily!). Such an unfortunate name.
Said manicure is already chipping. It is unlikely that it will last through Boston trip, which was it's sole purpose. I suppose I should have gotten them done later in the week. Eh.
I'm on a break with my flat iron. This is our first break ever. I feel guilty. Like I'm cheating on him with hair gel and mousse. But, it's too damn hot to straighten my hair or even touch the blow dyer. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but, I do know that I'm not a sweaty mess first thing in the morning.
I'm determined to have a good run on Friday night, even if it kills me. I ran out of time and couldn't run on Monday, so, I'll have to get in a few easy miles tomorrow morning, which I don't love doing the day before a long run, but, oh well. I suppose I'll take some Advil with me on the run!
I also don't really eat dinner on Friday nights because of the nighttime running. Perhaps this is why I suck after 3 miles?
It's hot here (are you sick of that yet?). I ran 3.20 miles yesterday morning and it was so hot that I went through all my water within the first 2 miles. And when I got home I was soaking wet. Ick. Am trying to get used to it!
The husband is looking into doing a 100k bike race 4th of July weekend. I'm excited to be his spectator for once! (although it is at 7AM in a town that is two hours away and we're running 20 miles that Friday night, but, ya know, I can sleep in the car/sleep during the race before he finishes)
Can someone please give my husband a job? 18 months is ridiculous.
I went on a redecorating spree over the weekend. So far, just the living room. But, I've got my eye on the master bedroom and by golly I will paint the dining room!! And buy curtains. Eventually. (like when we have two incomes)
We're currently on a "slim down the Beagle" project. For whatever reason, our girl dogs are just porkers and obsessed with food. It's insane. And since beagles are prone to weight problems as they get older, we're getting our hound in shape. Yes, I realize I sound totally off the handles talking about our dog's weight loss, but, that's all I've got kids! Plus, she gets really excited for her walks. Totally cute.
I made a weird batch of chocolate chip cookies the other day. They were too buttery. I know, right, when would I ever say that? Hm.
It's Wednesday. I thought it was Thursday. Such is life....
What's going on in your life? Please tell me I'm not the only person concerned with doggie weight watchers?


7 comments:
I thought it was Thursday, too. Wishful thinking, I guess!
Definitely not - our little red beast (of the cocker spaniel variety) is currently working off his winter weight as well - along with his parents!! :)
My dog is half beagle {a pug/beagle - puggle}, and he REALLY needs to lose some weight! He loves walks too, but he loves food even more! :)
Good golly Pete girl, is it hot as the Sahara or what?!?
I'm with you on the blow drying. I've been wearing my hair wet & curly too. But it's so humid, when I let nature take it's course, I end up looking like a frizzy headed wild woman! I use John Frida curl enhancer, what to do you use?
And...this post caused me to make chocolate chip cookies. So, you know, thanks. (no really, they were yum, thanks!)
Bich? Haha...A teacher friend of mine has a student named Shithead (pronounced Sateed), isn't that awful? He's like 10.
PS: Not sure if you're read, but I'm not racing this weekend because of my knee =( Doc said no running until he reads the MRI results on Monday. I'm hoping to still make it to the race, so I hope I see you!!!
The heat is KILLER here for running. I think I may be confined to the treadmill until October. Your husband's bike race sounds AWESOME! Are you guys seriously running 20 miles the night before his 100 k bike race?! Outside?! In the heat?! Wow. Just wow. One of my dogs is a little on the portly side too. Our vet suggested giving her green beans to substitute for a scoop of dog food. She loves it, seems happy and full, and she's lost a few pounds.
Post a Comment