Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So far, so good

Remember when I signed my life savings away for a personal trainer? (I did, in case you didn't know)

Well, last night was my first appointment, and, I can hardly walk. Shockingly, this is a good thing (notsomuch a good thing when I tried to get out of bed and go for a run. I fell. I hurt that much. Walking is a challenge). I can run for hours, but, you want me to kick my own butt with weights or something? Not.going.to.happen.

It all seemed so innocent--30 minutes of lifting weights, childsplay. Oh how naive I was. For real, had jello legs when I was finished. I call that a major, major win.

And, I ran 4.75 miles yesterday. This kind of dampers my plans for a 6 miler today, since you know, I can't walk, but, oh well! I figure having an awesome leg workout instead of a run will still help me power through a 9PM 13 miler on Friday, right? RIGHT??

First session: Good.

Now, let's just see about getting me into those skinny jeans.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

9pm 13 miler?! AWESOME. Seriously, I wish I had a nighttime running crew to do ridiculously cool runs with like that (I wouldn't dare go out alone). I'm pumped to hear the trainer kicked your butt! Keep up the good work!

Kellie said...

Wow, I remember how hard it was having a trainer. There were days when I literally couldn't move my arms! I'm sure you'll be recovered by Friday - good luck on the nighttime 13 miler. I have to agree with e410 - nighttime runs would be sooo fun!

Dollface said...

Im routing for you A... all the way! xxxoo

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!
That is awesome. The first time I trained with my p.t., I had to hold on to the railing for dear life as I walked down the stairs. Such a great feeling!

agalandherdog said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Samma said...

Whoohoo!! The worst is when you can barely lower yourself down to go to the potty.

Brittany Ann said...

You go girl! PT sessions and running? You're an animal! An animal wearing hot skinny jeans soon enough!

Emily said...

yay for you and your personal trainer!! I read your tweets about it! Those trainers really know how to keep booty!