Monday, June 21, 2010

Musings & Monday

(look at me, I'm on a roll!)

So, how was your weekend? What's on your mind?

While you think about that (and answer of course!), I'll be so kind as to let you know what's going on over in my land of HOT. (yes, that's right, it's just HOT. As in, "I live in Hot." No need for city or state or anything)

1. Speaking of hot, Friday's run? HOT. Hellish would probably be a better term. 3 miles into it I started getting dizzy, cold prickleys, and seeing stars. Which means (drumroll, please): heat exhaustion! (again!) GAH! I sucked it up and ran 9 miles. I was supposed to do 15. I'm all sorts of bitter about it and the fact that some people were all "you really think you can run a 50k?" really got on my nerves! Dudes. Yes. I can run a 50k. And I can run it within the time limit. I ran 4 marathons in 6 months. I can run a 50k. Back off. Also, the damn course we're running for training is so hilly that I can't even tell you--my heart rate goes crazy high on those long steep hills and it's a lot! The actual race course? Pancake flat. You can see why I don't care so much for these opinionated folk.

2. My running buddy said she'd drag me along for 16 this week and not let me stop. This is good. I need her to kick my ass. Cause we all know I won't do it myself.

3. I am really mad at myself for stopping at 9. But, those nine really took it out of me. I slept in super late Saturday morning and felt like crap all day.

4. But, I got in a 30 minute leg workout, which is better than nothing, so, I'm trying to be positive!

5. I have an appointment with my trainer tonight. I'm not looking forward to it. I like to be able to move and ya know open doors. But, I guess it's a good thing. Right?!?!?

6. In other news, I stayed up way too late (ahem, for this old lady that would be 10:15) but it took me another 2 hours to fall asleep, so, needless to say, I slept in and did not run this morning.

7. Running after my training session does not sound fun, but, what choice do I have? Grrr.

8. Must. find. love. for. running. again!

9. You'd think a 50k would be more motivating, but, you'd be wrong. And, also? I'm like really tired. Like all the damn time. I think I could sleep for a week.

10. Also? I have an addiction for terrible train wreck reality TV such as Tori & Dean (dude, for real) and anything to do with the Kardashian clan. Yes, I realize I am completely crazy.

11. Speaking of hot, my office is the exact opposite. Which is nice, in theory because you don't want to be all sweating and gross when you're trying to write a professional email, but, it is so damn cold in my office that I'm shivering (teeth chattering and all!) and jonesing for a space heater. For real, freezing. And I'm even in layers! That's not exactly normal. Shouldn't we like be trying to save energy and not put the thermostat down to like 60? I mean really!!!

12. Am cold.

13. I hate being cold.

14. I bought a really cute dress the other day (go me!) and it's 'petite' and still too long on me. I am not joking. Ironically, I find this hilarious. And I still wore the too long dress anyway.

15. Am going to Boston this weekend for like literally 24 hours. Flight gets in a 3:05 on Saturday and flight leaves at 3:05 on Sunday. This is kinda of insane, but, since I'm kind of insane and was told I could fly in on Saturday (thus getting in 16 hot and awful miles), I chose Saturday afternoon.

16. Anyone else doing the math? That means, run till like midnight ish on Friday, come home shower (because ick), go to be for a few hours, get up, go to airport, get to Boston, go to work. AWESOME. Oh well, I can sleep on the plane right? (even if I do have a middle seat! Evil, evil middle seat!)

17. I can do this! (I hope) Fueled by lots of Diet Coke, I'm sure.

18. I've been at my new job for almost three months. Crazy!!

19. It's hard not to stress about the future, ya know? I'm always a ball of stress. I still am. But, am trying to work on it.

20. We still haven't used our firepit. Ya know why? Because it's hot. And fire is hot. Obviously, these things don't mix. Sadtimes.

And that's all I've got for today kids!

Hope it's not as hot where you are, and if it is, I hope you get to "enjoy" the heat near a pool or beach. Or some body of water.

Because that's what I'd do.

12 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Because I have met you IRL, I can now actually hear you reciting this list for me in my head and cracking up at you. Great list. Stay warm while inside and cool while in. Don't let the haters tell you that you can't do it, you can and WILL!

Brittany Ann said...

Thank heavens, I'm not alone. If the Kardiashan's show is on, I'm never able to turn it off!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I live in hot city as well. Good luck on your runs! I run in the heat and I just have to build my body up to it!

misszippy said...

I think I am dizzy after reading all this! But entertained for sure!

Dollface said...

Hows the new job? Hope youre loving it sweetie!! and the trainer?? hope its well, xxxoo

The Mrs. said...

Hello darling! Long time no blog! Seems like you are well, I am following you on Twitter! BTW love tori and dean, Liams party was Landon's party inspiration!!

agalandherdog said...

We only got to use our outdoor fireplace once before the outdoors turned into an inferno. It's too hot for June. I'm not looking forward to the rest of the summer.

And my office is so cold too. My husband makes fun of me for wearing sweaters to work when the temps are going to be 100+, but inside it feels like February.

Good luck with your running and training. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

It has been so hot!
I got cold chills the other day while running. I pushed myself a little further then hit the showers.
The Kardashians, the Bachelorette and all the Real Housewives make me happy.
Boston?!?!
So jealouse!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your random Musings and Mondays. You make me laugh/smile/happy. Just thought I'd let you know ;)

prashant said...

Don't let the haters tell you that you can't do it, you can and WILL!
Banner Advertising Network India

d.a.r. said...

Love the list!! You can totally do a 50K. I know you can.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I love the Tori and Dean show too! SO entertaining and aren't they just so adorable? Sorry I haven't visited your blog in so long, I'm working on getting all caught up with life. :) I hope you're having a great summer!