Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meet My Friends Mike & Liz (seriously, meet them)

You guys, I want to introduce you to some very good friends of mine. Meet Mike & Liz. (see their picture and link on my sidebar? Aren't they cute?)

Mike & Liz are two of the best people I know. And I know a lot of pretty darn good people, but these two, they are special. Even though I haven’t seen either of them in FIVE YEARS, they each hold a special place in my heart. And, thanks to the wonder of blogging, I’ve been able to stay in touch with them, and that means so much to me!

I want to tell you about them because I want as many people as possible to get to know them because, they’re hoping to adopt. They have been married for nearly six years, and will make crazy good parents.

When I found out from Liz that they were hoping to adopt, I started crying—for several reasons. One, because they so deserve to be parents. They are the best people and deserve to be a mommy and a daddy, and two, because I’m so excited for them and hope and pray that there will be an amazing birthmother out there for them. I know there will be. This baby will be loved like whoa.

So, Mike & Liz. Meet them. They’re awesome.

Mike is super duper special to me because he’s the missionary that baptized me. Squee! He sat through my endless questions and he figuratively, of course, held my hand every step of the way. He and Elder Laws were the best missionaries. He may never know how special he is to me, but, he really is.

Liz was in the relief society (Liz, were you the President or was it Alicia? I can’t remember!) when I joined the church and her fun attitude and gentle spirit were always on display. She was funny, approachable and real. She has a kick butt sense of humor too (well, they both do). An amazing teacher and an amazing friend.

These two make friends everywhere they go. We all love them. Oh, and Liz gives awesome hugs. For reals, y’all.

But, most importantly, they are two of the most dedicated and caring people I know. They are selfless and kind, funny and warmhearted. And, they live in Denver, and y’all know my love of Colorado.

So, please, click on over to Mike and Liz’s blog, get to know them, spread the button love, and let’s find these two a birthmom. I want nothing more than to spoil their kiddo with all the love in the world.

Keep them in your prayers, please—I can’t wait to share the happy news that they are parents. God is good, He will do His work. I know this.

PS. In case you couldn't tell, I really love Mike & Liz. And really want them to be parents. You should too. So, keep them in mind if you know of anyone who might be looking to place a child for adoption. OK? Promise? Promise? Good.

3 comments:

Dollface said...

awwww... if they are friends of yours a. they are awesome already! and b. I hope everything works out for them, xxxooo

Unknown said...

I could not be more touched. Thank you so much. You need to buy a lottery ticket or something cause your karma is epic right now. By the way, your blog is our number 2 referral site, so we were already crazy grateful for you. We can't thank you enough for your kindness.

Much love,

Michael

Sara McCarty said...

Oh, this post just made me cry. It breaks my heart. I'll be praying for them to find a baby that they can love.