So, I survived my weekend work trip in Virginia Beach and Hurricane Earl. Which, I'm not trying to be melodramatic or anything--it all turned out fine, but, I was nervous to go. Especially when the damn flight attendants were literally yelling through the PA system upon our landing to "buckle up, there's a hurricane coming!". Really? Really? Must you frighten the passengers?
But, anyway. I'm home. I survived Hurricane Weekend 2010. But, barely. You see, it wasn't the hurricane that nearly killed me. It was something else entirely (do I have you interested now?).
My weekend in summary:
Pro: HD TV in the hotel room. This equals Bones in HD. Which means David Boreanaz in HD. I think that is self explanatory (and yes, me might be a dirty cheater of a husband, but, he's Angel for crying out loud. And, I'm sorry, you know my love of all things FBI/CIA related, yes? Agent Booth. Also, can he and Bones just get together already? I don't have the energy for this anymore)
Con: The people in the hotel room next door to me throwing a freaking party until 2AM on Sunday morning. If you follow me on Twitter, you know I was on my last nerve about it. I went over and asked them to please try and keep it down, because it was 11:40 and I had to get up at 3:45 and had been on my feet for 9.5 hours. I was exhausted. I thought this was the polite thing to do rather than call the front desk. So, the response? "Well, you'll need to go to another hotel or stay at someones apartment, b*tch." WTF? So, I hoped they'd at least try to calm down. No dice. So, I call the front desk. They call them. No dice. Manager comes up to their room. No dice. Then? They order room service. And party it up until 2AM. Wanted.to.stab.someone. And the worst part? They had kids! And this wasn't like they had sick or fussy children--that I would have been fine with--no, they had two toddlers in there, running up and down the room, playing, etc. I was just floored, I mean, it's 2AM, why aren't you at least trying to keep quiet so your children can sleep?
And that's the reason I passed the exit to my house TWICE, passed my street and pulled into the wrong driveway. Because, 2 hours of sleep does not a safe driver make.
And then I passed out for 5 hours (thus totally missing church--which was the reason I took the first flight out of Virginia Beach in the first place!) and recovered by watching Ryan Reynolds movies all day. Because Ryan Reynolds=yummy (and another reason to hate Scarlett Johannson).
Yep, I survived a hurricane, but almost died from lack of sleep.
What'd you do?
Also, in case you were wondering, Agent Booth in HD looks like this. Only much better. (and blogger is being weird and I don't know why it won't center the picture!)
(photo from here)


9 comments:
1. Do you watch Criminal Minds? I think you might like it.
2. I <3 Ryan Reynolds and all of his hotness.
Ryan Reynolds? Yum.......
Yikes! I would have sooo been pissed. They should have moved your room or something. That's terrible!
I watched Bones. ALL WEEKEND. And cleaned a bit, and hung pictures and had people over for a barbeque. And watcher more Bones.
Am in love.
Ack! That's every runners worst nightmare! Sorry to hear it.
I think I love you that much more. I loved the show Angel and Buffy of course, and Ryan Reynolds, swoon. Oh wait that was my heart, xxxooo
oh my goodness, that's terrible! I hope you got some rest over the rest of the weekend! and yes, it is time for Booth and Bones to get together! We're not up to date on it, but it's time! :)
Surviving hurricanes, but almost dying from sleep? You could be me, the resident Floridian!
So sorry your weekend in VB was a bit of a let down with Earl & the loud hotel neighbors. Were you staying at the Oceanfront? Labor Day weekend is a big deal around here (I've lived in VB since I was 8).
We were hunkered down on Thursday night totally expecting the absolute worst and, thank goodness, Earl wimped out on us.
Post a Comment