First up after reading Water for Elephants on the plane (yes, I read it in a day. I never do that. The more removed I am from the book, the more I love it. I have to admit, I wish there had been more about the relationship between Marlena and Jacob—or maybe more of that dynamic—I don’t know) (also, I am now in love with the name Marlena)—anyways, after I read a book on the plane, put on some makeup and pretended I didn’t look like a freezing hobo (dear Boston, I’m from the south) I headed off to the first event—a blogger happy hour.
Which really turned into a bunch of screaming girls and me attacking my marathon guru with a huge ass hug. (um, why do I have no pictures of you until the baseball game?)

I got to meet Sarah and Danielle, and Katie—and see my fave little grad student, Christy again—and my favoritest redhead evah (imagine I’m saying that with a Boston accent).
Redheads unite!

Then, because I was about to cut someone for some H2O, we headed out in search of food and ended up at Kings—a restaurant/bar/bowling alley in a parking garage (seriously!) where Sarah, Danielle and I proceeded to eat way too much and we also met with Sam, his brother Josh and friend Matt.
Thanks to the five Diet Cokes I downed at dinner, I could not fall asleep and stayed up watching TV into the wee hours and then woke up to rain, rain, rain on the morning of the BAA 5K.
Sarah, Katie and I were going to walk it because we’re cool like that, but, then Sarah got cold feet (literally!) and decided to stay warm, and I just decided I’d do whatever and take it as it came. After all, it was a 5K. I could do this.
Me and my Christy--love this girl!
But, here’s where SP’s Life Lesson #523 comes in: don’t run a 5K on two Excedrin and a bottle of water. Trust me—it hurts coming up.
I went back to my hotel to sleep off the pukey, and that’s pretty much where the day goes downhill—or, uphill? I’m not really sure. It got awesome, let’s just say that.
Mainly because Danielle has hot legs and wins awesome contests. (OH MY GAWD SO MANY INSIDE JOKES)
Me and Sarah before the 5k.

There's also a super cute picture of me and Danielle after the 5k, but, she hasn't posted it yet. Sads.
Stay tuned for part 3 of 561. Or something.


9 comments:
How exciting!! We watched the Marathon on TV, it was amazing.
first off...im injured. i had every right to get cold feet:-) plus, spectating with sike and redhead was wayyyy more fun then being forced to walk that stupid 5k.
second. my part 1 recap is almost done. you might not want to wear eye makeup when you read it. stay tuned.
xoxo
oh MAN. can we please do this again and soon????
How awesome!!!! Love the pics and your cute cardigan!
Looks so fun!
GAH it was such a fun weekend!!! I just keep smiling whenever I think about it and you guys! I'm so glad you were able to come again and let's not ever run a 5k on Excedrin and water k?!?!?
Love love love this post :) reading it made me smile and could just imagine having been there with you. One day, one day, I'll be there with you lovely ladies! Muah!
I'm sorry you got sick! No fun. But you seriously have the best hair ever. Totally J.
Glad y'all had so much fun! What an amazing way to experience Boston!
How very fun! Congrats on the 5K, I think that is awesome!!!
Do you recommend Water for Elephants?
Post a Comment