Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Many Faces of Ella Mae

This is my little snuggle pup, Ella Mae.

She came to us two years ago as a rescue. Before her foster mom got her, she was a pound puppy for a month and before that she was a wild dog. How the pound ever caught her is a total mystery to me. I love her so much. She's my girl. She's my footwarmer, my alarm system, my dish cleaner upper and the silliest, happiest dog I've ever seen. Isn't she cute?

This is Ella sunning herself.



This is Ella trying to be incognito on the new Pottery Barn pillows. "Youz can't seez me. I blendz in....." And this is Ella Mae's signature side eye "Bitch please". This is Ella Mae's version of helping--sleeping on the job. Obviously, barking is very exhausting work, time for a nap. I snapped this the other day when she was just lounging around. Cracks.me.up! Look at her freckley belly! And her little beagle feets. Which I think are the cutest thing ever.


Can you imagine what I'll do to you when I have actual human children? My apologies in advance.

Now, tell me how cute my beagle daughter is.

17 comments:

Dollface said...

The paws are my favorite... i love them.. and i love you!!! xxxoo

Sara McCarty said...

AHHHH!!!! A whole post about Ella Mae!! You better tell her tonight that she's famous on the internet and we all love her. She's so cute! Love that upside-down-dog picture, I have a total weakness for upside-down animals. I cannot handle them!! And Mally would totally agree, barking is exhausting!

Jen Feeny said...

Oh lord, you're one of those crazy fur baby people... :)

Deepali said...

So cute! You know I was afraid I would love my doggie less when my son came along. Although I have less time for her, she seems to understand this and we still snuggle whenever we can. And walk time is our time. Give your doggie an extra kiss from me!

Jessica said...

I've always wanted a beagle, too cute. She's adorable, I can see why you love her!

Ashley Paige said...

um, i love this whole entire post dedicated to Ella Mae. for reals. and the way she's lounging up there on her back, with her belly against the couch? thats how sheepie lays all. the. time.. only he lays with his belly touching the wall. SUCH a weird dog. she's adorbs! and yes, i can already see you going picture crazy with your future babies.. sounds a LOT like someone I know.. ermm.. wait.. yeah.

:) happy wednesday, girl!

agalandherdog said...

She's adorable. I love her "Bitch please" face. Classic!

Llama said...

How sooo super sweet! I think you did such an amazing thing by adopting her! I wish more people would be like you!

Anonymous said...

Puppy feet are seriously my favorite. I grab Cooper and Grace's feet all the time and just kiss them. I feel sorry for my future human babies too. They're going to be kissed to death. LOL

PattyAnn said...

Umm, yes! She is such a cutie.

I was trolling around blogs and found yours..I like it. I'm going to stay :)

d.a.r. said...

Oh em gee. She is so cute!! I love her lil' freckled belly!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love beagles! You'll have to tell me more about how they are as pets, because we really want a dog. ;)

Erin Branscom said...

I just found your blog and became a follower! :) Love your blog! Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Lindsey said...

Ahhhh so precious!!!! Dog fever has hit again, haha!:)

Anonymous said...

I looooooveeee herrrrr. Ohmeegosh, I love dogs. If I could live on a ranch with 27 dogs, I totally would. Yes, I'm a weirdo. Ella Mae is such a sweetheart. I love that you posted pics about her :) I also love that you guys rescued her. It's the best way to go.

REBrown said...

Our pug has a similar "bitch please" look. It always cracks me up when she gives it to me!

Brittany Ann said...

Girl, I'm the same way. I have more photos of Marvin than anyone else.

I actually said to my husband, "What if our baby isn't as cute as Marvin? What if she can't compete?"

Because yeah, I think he's THAT CUTE.

Does that make me a horrible mother? Probably. But dude. I love my dog and his snuggly face!

But so is Ella Mae, too:) She's adorbs!