Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cinderelly, Cinderelly!

A princess myself, I'm sure it's no surprise I've an affinity for Disney. And subsequent princesses.

I dressed up as Ariel for Halloween after the movie came out. I have a picture of me and Snow White at DisneyLand circa 1988. I later made my mother buy me a wig so I could be Princess Jasmine.

I pined for raven hair even as a child. (my hair color experiment to go dark has backfired, because sweet baby cheeses I miss my bright red hair!!!)
Cinderella is probably my favorite-- I mean, how can you not love her? My half sister gave me a teeny Cinderella snow globe years ago, which, uh, I broke moving, so, my dad bought me a gigantic musical one. Which I absolutely ADORE.

Yes, I'm in my late 20s, shut up.

That said, it's evident that although Cinderella is my fave, let's all be real, Ariel is my girl. Redheads unite!
Which brings me to my obsession with the soundtrack and me acting a fool when someone mentions the Broadway show.

"Ariel! I love her! The actress who played her, Sierra Boggess is ahhhmmmmmazing!" and then le bestie Sara wanted to die or fall over laughing-- not sure which one?
the other day I was jammin' to some Italian arias (be jealous) with one of my girlfriends when her daughter called her Princess Aurora-- like Sleeping Beauty-- and she does look JUST like her.
It's evident I collect Disney Princesses in my life as I am Ariel and royal sis Sarah is Cinderella. I love it!

Who doesn't need a little Disney in their life? Which Disney Princess are you?

PS. Mad props to all the folks on twitter who sent me links about the final cast for Les Mis, y'all are awesome blossom, extra awesome. I'm a bit surprised by the casting, but, am thrilled Lea Michelle isn't in it, so, I don't care.

I'm excited to see Anne (as Fantine) and Hugh together again and you know I love Sacha Baron Cohen (as Thenardier/"master of the house") I'm excited for that, although, I really hoped it would be Matt Lucas (you know him as the roommate from Bridesmaids) he had the role in London for a year (and 25th Anniversary Concert) and KILLED IT-- I thought with his new movie clout, he'd be a shoe in. Sigh.

Oh, and, I love Taylor Swift (don't throw stuff at me!), but, her voice isn't rich enough for Eponine. And, Epopine is a brunette. And On My Own is MY song-- don't screw this up, Taylor!

Whew, I have some feelings. I will look into therapy.

Anyways. Disney Princesses, go?!

(pictures from here, here, here and here)

13 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh I love Disney princesses too! :) Even though she's not technically a princess, Belle is my favorite.

the girl in the red shoes said...

How can you not love the Disney princesses!!!! I think Ariel might be my favorite!

Katie said...

the title of this post made me sing almost the whole song :)

Jessica said...

When I was 18, I went to Walt Disney World for the first time and when I saw Cinderella, I cried. I CRIED. Like a blubbering idiot.

And I'm with you, I'm glad Lea Michelle isn't in Les Mis -- she's too... full of herself?

Katie said...

AHH The Disney freak in me is grinning ear to ear.

My favorite princess always has been Cinderella, but my favorite Disney character is Wendy Darling. I just love that girl!

Kaci said...

I love Cinderelly too! =) Cough, cough, Elly. HAHA!

Lindsey said...

I am the same way, I just adore Disney princesses!!!

sarah jane said...

I'm a Belle. I mean, brunette book nerd living in the French countryside!?!?! Also, bought myself a Beauty and the Beast music box on my band trip to Disney World my junior year of high school. Still have it. Still love it. Will push it on any female offspring with stage mom intensity!

Christy Ashley said...

I love Taylor Swift too! Just not as Eponine =(

REBrown said...

I always wanted to be Pocahontas!

Sarah said...

What a perfect post for my BIRTHDAY!!!! Obviously cinderella is my fav!!! cause i AM cinderella. love you to the moon and back.

Becky said...

I am Miss Belle to the bottoms of my shoes and the top of my bookcase. :) And if you think you can sing a Disney song or two, let me regale you with a fine rendition of "Little town, it's a quiet village; every day, like the one before..." I could keep going here.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm Belle, but I'm typecast as Snow White - I've been her for Halloween five times in my life! :) People just see dark hair, blue eyes and fair skin.