Tuesday, November 11, 2008

How to eat a burrito: SP style

Step 1: Purchase said burrito from the g-to the hetto Taco Bell nearest your house and place of employment (sidenote: I'm actually fairly certain there is one closer to place of employment than this one, but, that's clearly a moo point*)
Step 2: Wait forever whilst they make your burrito. Angry, hungry and sick person in passenger seat may be wailing about "Do I need to teach you how to make a burrito? Just put the beans in the tortilla! I'm not asking for much!". To which husband gives a look of "shut it, honey".
Step 3: Begin picking apart burrito because clearly you can't chew, and if your dentist was reading this, he'd put you in time out.
Step 4: Manage to somehow eat burrito (more like gum, but, whatever) and find inner peace.
Step 5: Acknowledge that all the penicillin, IBuprofen and whatnots are making your tummy hurt, but you can't eat anything, which equals angry, hungry, grumpy SP. (which is why the TB bean burrito is genius--it is the one starch I have figured out how to eat!)
Step 6: Figure out how to repeat these steps with microwave burrito from office for lunch today (I'm envisioning lots of "smashing" of the burrito itself)


*name that TV show and episode :)

9 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

It's Friends and oh man I just watched that episode the other day. You know, like a cow's opinion--a moo point. It doesn't matter. Love Joey.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, I highly recommend a mint Oreo Blizzard from the DQ; it's my favorite "meal" when sick. Because ice cream cures most ailments AND it is so yummy.

I totally missed that "Friends" reference; shame on me for not watching enough re-runs, apparently.

Saucy said...

You silly girl. Always get the chicken chalupa.

Kaci said...

Oh honey I'm sorry!! :(

Mikki said...

bean burritos--yuck! Sorry, I'm not a bean fan. I hope your mouth is feeling better. I remember when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Agonizing.

The Stay At Home Son said...

Cute blog! What is your book about? And...why are you reading these comments? Shouldn't you be writing your book right now? Are you procrastinating? Hmmmm.
(ha ha ha)

Anonymous said...

totally friends, "you know, the point is moo..."!! heehee, p and i quote that ALL THE TIME to each other. love it. also, i'm not gonna lie, i sometimes crave those damn ghetto burritos. it is what it is. :)
xoxo

Ashley said...

This is such a funny post!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Sorry, I'm laughing. You have such a cute way of narrating things. Hope you were able to get and keep the burrito down. I hope you're feeling better.