Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm sorry, was I drooling?

I'm sure I was. Let me tell ya a little story--when I was a young girl, and Mom and I were moving around a lot and things generally sucked, I wrote a brief story about what would make the world perfect. My mom kept the dang thing and would bring it up on occasion for pure giggles (I need to find the dang thing because it's pretty classic SP). I can't remember its entirety, but, the best part was that "all men would have Australian accents".

Did I mention I was probably 8 years old? True to form, I haven't given that up and dang near any accent will do it for me (did I mention I married a man with no accent?)--but, but! An true Aussie accent is enough to make me weak in the knees.

And how fabulous that the darling Hugh Jackman finally gets to play a role in which he doesn't have to cover up said accent.
It opens on Wednesday--what a fabulous post birthday celebration!

13 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Yes, I completely understand...he is hot,hot,hot.

Mrs. L said...

Yeah the movie's supposed to be great! Funny story

Dolly said...

I saw him last night on Jay Leno...my husband wondered why I had a smile on my face! My husband looks like Crocodile Dundee :)

Anonymous said...

now you've got ME drooling! :)
TGIF!!!

Natalie said...

I know!! It looks like a cross between Far and Away (a fabulous movie) and Pearl Harbor (another one)! Can't wait...

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Swoon. I go back and forth between the BBC-British and the Australian one, but pine for a similarly accented world nonetheless.

Have a great week!

Rachel Ann said...

My story about almost getting arrested in Bulgaria is toward the end of this post.

http://nathanandrachelann.blogspot.com/2008/03/36-hours.html

Anonymous said...

This movie looks amazing - it will be released in the US first - so please post your comments once you see it!

Mikki said...

Hold on a second, I need a mop for the puddle of drool around my feet........I SO love Hugh Jackman. He is so sexy.
Thanks for that trailer, I hadn't seen the long one yet, now I'm REALLY wanting to see this movie.

Saucy said...

So, you're a sucker for an Aussie, are you? Nice.

Kaci said...

HOT HOT HOT!! XOXOX

Ashley said...

I am totally wanting to see this movie too!!!

{amy k.} said...

Oh man- I've been wanting to see this one. Haven't yet, but will have to. I'm interested to hear your review.