As to not brag and be Miss Snotty over here, I will refrain from jumping for joy and singing jubilation from the rooftops (but, it'll be hard... only, not really. I'm not that excited. I only get that excited for certain things. Like Daniel Craig a la James Bond --this weekend kids!, or an ice cream cake-- two weeks!-- or fabulous little coin chocolates that I can gum--right now!...you get the idea), but, I will take this opportunity to mention things that make me smile... and, as some of you long time readers may recall, it wasn't too long ago that I wasn't smiling all that often. And, that I may look back on this when times aren't so smiley.
Today, I am happy because....
-I got to go to a lovely luncheon where they served risotto (food I can eat!), and chocolate mousse (why not?!).
-At said luncheon my little heart swelled with scholarly joy as I heard my former Professors yack about politics. And then one remembered me--pink hair and all. (It faded kids. I am not kidding--and yes, I've used the special shampoo and color stuff. I've spent more $$ at Ulta that I care to discuss). And my heart swelled some more.
-It is a lovely day out. And I got to spend 1 full hour outside doing a photoshoot with my BFF (and they call this work??)
-There are yummy candles of every variety in the stores. I have personally bought up SuperTarget's supply of Gingerbread, Autumn Harvest and Pumpkin Spice. I currently have my little sniffer on Cardamon and Pear.
-In troubling economic times, I have a job. it may not be my dream job, and, the pay might suck, but, it's a job. And it allows me to do some pretty neat things (like have yummy luncheons).
-I get to go to a super fancy work party tonight. Astin Martin's are involved.
-My BFF at work is moving to Qatar. Which, is not necessarily a "happy" for me, but, I'm overjoyed for him. And, this means, if I ever get the hankering to go to Qatar, I know someone with a 3 bedroom flat that I will be crashing at.
-I have a wonderful husband and three four leggeds who have been the sweetest little things the last week.
-I realize that I really want to be a mother. Not just have children, but, be a mother. And, more specifically--have a daughter. I had such a wonderful relationship with my mother, and I cannot wait to pass that on. (that said, if you see any unattended babies--specifically girls--please FedEx them my way. I'll send you some cookies. And some jewelry. And maybe some chocolate.)
-I have a wonderful BFF who despite being sick, having a fever, me forcing her to work today, still was excited about ice cream cake event and wants to do something for my b day. Which means so much to me--because usually, it's some sort of Turkey/Birthday combination crap.
-The fact that this year, for the first time, I won't be spending the holidays surrounded by news reports and lawyers. It will be the first time in 5 years. I might actually find The Christmas Spirit I lost 5 years ago. And the anticipation is divine.
-I got to use the word "divine".
-Because I have people who comment and read my blog and make me smile every day.
So, now, please let me remove my Happy Shiny I Love Life face, and just say, what are you happy for? Do you ever have those moments where things are finally "OK"?
Thank you to all of you--I owe a lot of this to you!
Thank you to all of you--I owe a lot of this to you!
**Update** Also, Puppy Cam. Have you seen this thing? It's pretty much free happiness and warm fuzzies for the rest of your life. And, it will waste your entire day. omg, puppies!!!


14 comments:
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A2119/211983/300_211983.jpg
This reminded me of you! lol
yea! I'm so happy you're having a happy day! :) I kinda had one of those moments today too... I was just writing down some thoughts and then my little head said "Oh wow, life's really good!" haha funny how that happens! (I thought of you today, when I was at the "dollar tree" they have these cute little organza bags in the wedding section- I thought it'd be so cute for you to send your jewelry in when you ship it.... hope that's going well!)
You've made me happy just reading your post. Thank so much SP! You keep us in stitches.
Seriously, when unhappy times come my way, I try to remind myself that God is ultimately in control. He's all knowing and understands "the rest of the story".
One thing that makes me happy is that we have this great blogging community to be silly, serious and do whatever. I never thought that I'd call you all my FRIENDS, but you are. I That makes me happy!
Sweet post. I'm glad things are going great right now--pink hair and all. I bet you're pretty in pink.
Aw, glad you have so many great things to smile about, even if lawyers aren't one of them!
This week I'm generally happy thanks to my anniversary. This could also be influenced by the fact that it's Thursday, which means (a) Friday's on deck; (b) "The Office"; and (c) dinner at a new restaurant with friends.
I LOVE holiday candles. And I LOVE Target, I couldn't get candles at the moment at Target but I got some type of thing that is holiday scented for the home. It really makes me happy. So does holiday music, that makes me a little too happy. I hope your holiday season turn out great for you and is special! I really think we need to get together next week, I am dead serious! Does next Tuesday work out?? Let me know if you can and when, k?!.
OR we can do something on our birthday eve, like have a birthday eve get together haha that's kinda cute! (since you are doing something on your bday and I have to go to bed extremely early on my bday, I'm leaving for AZ at 3 am on the 26th..yeah, way early.)
Glad you are feeling better!
I love this post. Thank you for making me smile. I am glad that things are looking up for you.
I have puppy cam on my blog too!
i love HAPPY days!!! :) i hope you have MANY MANY MORE!!!!
You really are feeling better! I lurrve being a mother... my son is ad.or.ab.le but let me just say, for princesses like us, having a daughter is OFF THE HOOK! At thirteen, the parties! The makeup! The skinny jeans. American Girl Place. Having someone to watch America's Next Top Model with. She also shares her chocolate when she has some. It's awesome.
I know! The puppy cam is fascinating. They barely move and you go "Awwww..."
I'm glad you're so happy.
I'm happy that I already put up my Christmas tree. I usually think it's silly to put it up before Thanksgiving, but this year I couldn't help myself. And my kids were thrilled!
Post a Comment