Monday, November 17, 2008

Musings & Monday

Can you believe another week has gone by? Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving (and more importantly, almost my birthday)? I can't--mainly because, um, did I mention, we're hosting Thanksgiving this year? Yeah... Help...

Anyways! Let's move past my impending mental breakdown as I try to sort out frozen turkeys, organic turkeys, turkeys that might actually fit in my teeny tiny weird sized oven--and how on earth I'm going to clean my cooktop. Yes, let's move past that.....

1. What I didn't do this weekend:

And please, don't tell me about it (imagine me putting my hands up to my ears and shaking my head frantically--yeah, well, first, I hope you've had your caffeine this AM). I will see it. We were going to see it, but then, the whole thought of going to a movie and not being able to eat popcorn or drink soda through a straw kind of ruined it for me. Plus, what a fantastic way to spend my birthday--so, we'll wait....

2. What I did do this weekend:

Holy moly, I forgot how dang dreamy Harry Connick, Jr. is. My, oh my! I love that movie. Makes me love this great state even more.

3. I really want some of that soft licorice I inhaled the other day--that stuff was yummy! (and yes, I realize I didn't reference chocolate. I must be ill. Please stand by.)

4. Is it bad that for a lovely Sunday dinner I busted out a frozen pizza? Apparently, I fell asleep on the sofa watching The Office and couldn't be bothered to cook.

5. Which is a slight problem for tonight, as I have class, and Monday is usually pizza night--which means--I have to cook!--which means--I might miss the Jon & Kate Plus 8 Wedding Event (um, my life revolves around TV, shhh)

6. Worked on the book, worked on the book, worked on the book! Wahoo! This is huge for me because a.) I've been procrastinating b.) I procrastinated some more c.) BFF L and R are on my booty about it d.) goodness gracious, it's amazing what a year can do--reliving it all was intense! e.) I'm hoping to post some this week! (yay!)

7. BFF L has all my jewelry and is photographing it so that I can get it up on Etsy. Double wahoo!

8. There is a damn trucking doing that reverse "beep, beep, beep!!!" thing outside my office, and I'm about thisclose to throwing something at them.

9. I broke down and purchased the remaining Cardamon and Pear candles from le Target. They were on sale too kids! So, scurry yourself down to your nearest le Target, check out the candle section--look for the "festive" ones and go crazy. Your sniffer will thank you (mine did).

10. I'm eating cold gummi bears. It's fantastic.

11. Hmm, wonder why I can't get skinny? Hmmm.... Big mystery...

Alright, I best be runnin' off to actually work (I know, right). Hope you all have a lovely and fabulous Monday!

xoxo
SP

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on working on the book!

PS yes, the candles rock! thanks to you my house smells delish!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Harry Connick, Jr. = yay. "Hope Floats" is great too.

Well done on book writing!

Pilates Works 4 Life said...

Hi there SP!! Found your site from another site. You know how that goes!!! Enjoyed the visit!

I did notice you said you didn't have a copyright. Maybe you know, but if not, you don't have to have one to have one!!!

Legally, as of 3/1/89 if you have "authored" something, it's legally copyrighted with or without the symbol or registration. http://inventors.about.com/od/copyrights/a/CopyrightNotice.htm

I hope to be back and visit you again. I'd love to read your book.

Natalie said...

Ooh yeah, Hope Floats is a good one...I was gonna watch it but opted for the Notebook instead. Can't go wrong with the Notebook. I actually replayed both movies in my head to decide which one to go with. :) Tough call.

Kaci said...

Yes you knew I was from Cali...you said it before. GEZ! LOL,I'm kidding. :) XOXO

I love Hope Floats...makes me cry

With Love from New Orleans said...

Aww Thanks for your kind words!!
it was so much fun-- can't wait to put up the professional photos.

This was definitely a good movie weekend-- the Notebook! While You Were Sleeping.. and You've got mail.

Love Sundays! Good luck! Happy Monday.

XO,
Nola

Mikki said...

Yay! I can't wait til you post more of your book.
I love your monday morning musings. You always make me laugh.

Mrs. L said...

I wish I were hosting Thanksgiving. It's a lot more exciting than just bringing a dessert. Actually somewhere in between is probably best. I too caught Hope Floats on tv. It's a good one.

Seaside Prep said...

Just found your blog... it is so fun- i can't wait to read more... you made me seriously giggle with your Hope Floats references.. seriously such a good flick and harry connick jr. is so yummy! :)

Saucy said...

Cold gummi bears and Harry Connick Jr.? A dream come true.

{amy k.} said...

so BFF L's the photographer- guess that answers that question. Love the pictures, they display your work so nicely!

Cold gummy bears... ohhh yummy! I LOVE gummy bears! So addicting!