Friday, November 14, 2008

Why I shouldn't grocery shop alone

You see, I'm the type of person that spends 20 minutes in the candy isle debating my options.

Chocolate? Soft licorice (teeth issues here people)? Chocolate with creamy center? Gummi bears? Chocolate? What to do?!
I kid you not--20 minutes.

Eventually, I picked chocolate and the very expensive bag of soft licorice (which was devoured by myself and starving husband--as I didn't get home until 7-- in a matter of minutes). It was delish.

Now, onto more pressing matters....
"Who is it, Monkey?"--Was last night's episode of The Office not the best this season (answer: it was)? Because we watched it at 8. And again at 9:30. I'm serious.

PS. Happy Shiny Face has been interrupted by BFF R going into the hospital. Although, she was feeling well enough to kick me when I admitted that I haven't been writing lately. Please send prayers her way!


Happy Friday!

11 comments:

Whitney said...

I agree - great Office episode last night! So glad Pam came back!:)

Anonymous said...

Yum, I LOVE soft licorice! And chocolate anything and ooh! those gummi peaches?! Yes, please! (this may be why I'm not allowed to grocery shop alone either...)

So sorry to hear about your friend! She is in my thoughts nad prayers!
xoxo

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Question: What household device secretly hates Legallyblondemel and conspires to make her life a misery by forgetting to tape "The Office" last night?
Answer: Tivo. Thank goodness for the network posting episodes online . . .

I'm totally the girl who stands in the candy aisle for 20 minutes too. One wouldn't want to be hasty about such an important decision, no?

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

my hunny is the SAME EXACT way when shopping!!! ha ha!

but i love him anyway... so i still luv you too! :)

{amy k.} said...

I'm a 20 min candy isle shopper as well... so many choices! :)

Hope your friend is doing better!

Sarah B. said...

I have that problem in the cookie aisle...I will pick up at least 5 boxes and walk away and than turn around again before I decide and in some instances I have known to give up and go to the candy aisle instead. And yes, last night had me cracking up again.

Jessica said...

it would be a shame if you didn't devote 20 minutes to the candy isle. and you need a little of it all to be well rounded you know.

cornnut32 said...

i also spend 20 minutes debating in the candy aisle. and the soda aisle. and the everything aisle.

if i don't take a list and STICK TO IT i'm screwed.

and soft licorice is the. best. thing. ever. and lucky me, my hubby hates it...more more more for me! (and my hips haha!)

Ashley said...

I loved the Office episode too! It was so great! :)

also known as shell said...

I'm going to have Chad start calling me monkey.

{amy k.} said...

alright- so I'm back to where i ended... I can't believe it's been so long I've had to go without reading your blog... I've msised your witty writings and adventuers- hope all is well!