Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Um, seriously

My hair is naturally curly.


I haven't worn it curly in probably years. Years I tell you. (yes, I am that person who straightens their hair at the beach)

Until today. Thought I'd give the flat iron a break--since it is humid and all.

I forgot how curly my hair is.

And I've never been curly as a redhead.

I freaking look like Carrot Top.

It's going to be an awesome day.


Don't judge the 'fro.

ETA:
Here's the hair. This is post work out, so, it's not as poufy and curly as it was this AM.

27 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh I am sure it's gorgeous!!!! But I feel ya. I hate my curls most of the time.

Lindsey said...

Awww I'm sure it looks great!

Dollface said...

Let it all hang out au natural!! xxooo

Jami said...

I'm the same way! I straighten my hair all the time and just recently let it grow out hoping I would wear it curly more. Not so much. I think I got a complex with ugly curly hair in Junior High. I take my flat iron everywhere - to the beach too. :)

Lis said...

Ahhh I bet it looks so cute!!! I wish I could have curly hair for one day!! (See the grass is always greener!!)

I hope you have a great Tuesday and pls don't feel like carrot top!! xoxo

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Really? I didn't know that. That's cool. I think you probably look great, you just aren't used to seeing yourself without it straight. I want to see!

THE Stephanie said...

I'm sure it looks beautiful, but I'm like you... the flat iron and I never part ways!! LOL

TexanCouture said...

lol I flat iron at the beach as well my hair is naturally wavy with a few curls here and there mixed in, but in the Texas humidity basically equals big ole poof!

Running 365 said...

Ummm...where's pic? You can't tease us like that!

vicki archer said...

I live for the blow dryer and the flat iron...so good luck with the curls, xv.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

oh i bet you look sooo cute!!!=)

The Peach Tart said...

i feel your pain, I'm a curly red head also sometimes feeling like lucille ball.

Sarah said...

My bestie is EXACTLY the same about her hair. She has beautiful dark brown hair that is naturally curly, but she HATES it and has been straightening is just about every single day since the beginning of high school. Too funny!

Charis said...

Awww!

I think curly red hair is gorgeous!

(but, I'm with ya, I straighten my hair more than half of the time, it's just so much easier to deal with!)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Aw, I bet it's much prettier than you're giving yourself credit for.

And if it isn't, I'm having a bad hair day too, so we can be miserable (and buy an emergency headband, in my case) together!

Becky said...

Um, you're so flipping CUTE. Love it!

Mojito Maven said...

ummm photo??????????? this post is worthless without photos BWAHAHAHA

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I think it looks cute! Check out that volume, see I think it looks good. You should do it more often.

Ashley said...

Me too! I can't live without my flat iron. Last week I wore it curly for a couple days in a row, and I felt like it looked so crazy and ugly.

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you don't look like carrot top-- you look gorgeous!!!

Heather Scott Partington said...

Very pretty--but I have curly hair too so I understand the love/hate. Mostly hate, mostly wanting to straighten it into submission and daydreaming about straight, shiny, just-dries-that-way hair. Power to ya, my curly haired sista. Rock it.

Sassy Engineer said...

I think it is too cute, but I'm probably biased. I gave into my curls back in 9th grade and haven't straigthened it probably more than about 100 times in the last 10 years. I like it straight, but I'm way too lazy to do it so I have embrace the curl (and like it most days). It has taken me a while to find the best cuts and products to use though :)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

ahhh i love it!! you look so cute (and gorgeous=)!!

Kellie said...

It's adorable, girlie!!! I'd kill for curly red hair!

Kaci said...

It looks super cute!! :)

Jess said...

Very cute and carefree! The perfect style for summer in my opinion-- though I have to admit that I'm a straightener-aholic myself!

Cake for Breakfast said...

As a curly red head myself, I say embrace it! Don't fight the curls, just find good hair product. People will stop you on the street to compliment you, I guarantee!