Thursday, June 18, 2009

Went to the Chapel...

Four years ago today, I went from single gal to married woman. Neither the husband nor I would tell anyone that these past four years have been easy or perfection, but, they've been fantastic nonetheless.
We've been through a lot together, and really, as cheesy as it is, there's no one I'd rather have gone through it with. :)


Tonight we're dining at
Roy's, which is a tradition for us since we went to the one in Kauai on our honeymoon. I was gifted a card and fabulous DVD (Bride Wars! How perfect!) this AM and can't wait to get off work and celebrate with my honey. And really good food!


Now, please indulge me in a little walk down wedding memory lane......

My dad walking me down the aisle. Let me tell you, he tried to trip me several times.




Saying our vows. My bestie, L was my matron of honor and my father is law was the best man. It was a stunningly beautiful day. Considering my part of California, in June, can easily get into the high 100s, it was a cool 85 degrees.



Now we're married!


Cutting our cake--which to this day I am obsessed with. It was an outdoor country wedding, and our cake had frosting in a basketweave pattern. It was French Vanilla with olallieberry preserves (my favorite!) and Belgium Chocolate with buttercream. And wouldn't you know, we didn't get any of it? And my parents and sister ate the top piece while we were on our honeymoon?.... I might have to order a replica this weekend...


Me and my forever and ever and ever bestie, aka my twin, my other half, Lara.


My cousins and I cuttin' a rug. That rose that I'm holding was to symbolize my mom. I walked down the aisle with it, and then handed it to my dad who placed it on an empty chair. It was really sweet.


One of my favorite pictures from the day. Notice my pink shoes?


It was a fantastic party! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics, SP! A very happy anniversary to you and the Mr.!! Enjoy your yummy night out! Xoxo

Dollface said...

you look gorgeous!! happy happy anniversary, xxxooo

Lucky in Love said...

Happy anniversary!!! You look so freaking gorgeous...and your cake...yum! So sorry you didn't get any. I think you should definitely order a replica!

d.a.r. said...

Oh my goodness you were a beautiful bride!! And I definitely got choked up reading about the rose for your mom. What a beautiful memory and gesture.

Happy anniversary!!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the pictures, so sweet. I hope you two have a wonderful evening!

Because of Love said...

Look at you! I love wedding pictures, and LOVE pink shoes. Hope you have a great anniversary!

photography by suzanne said...

Good memories for sure!

Becky said...

What a deliciously gorgeous bride you were! You look straight out of a magazine!!!
Happy anniversary -- make out with your man like you just met him yesterday (that's always my anniversary advice). :)
Hugs!

Lindsey said...

You were a gorgeous bride!!! Happy 4 years!

Heather said...

Happy anniversary! Those pictures are beautiful. I love your dress and those pink shoes. It was a surprise to see your blonde hair. :) You look great both ways, but I think I prefer the red.

Ashley said...

Happy anniversary! It's so fun seeing pictures of your wedding day, you were a beautiful bride!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Happy belated anniversary! Such fun to look at pics of your happy day. I hope you had a great time out last night.

{amy k.} said...

I've been sorta MIA... but happy late anniversary! June weddings are fab! :)

My bro-in-law was an executive chef at Roy's, I worked there once too, here in Tampa. Roy Yamaguchi is an awesome man!