Thursday, July 23, 2009

Feelin' hot, hot, hot

Or not. Bleh. I'm bleh. I'm all sorts of bitter right now because I physically can't run. It's disgusting. (and welcome to my pitty party--take a seat! Enjoy!)

I pounded out 9 fabulous miles yesterday AM (yay me!) and stretched, yoga-ed and stretched some more. I took my Ibuprofen, I rubbed the hell out of my legs with BenGay and BadgerBalm. I took some time to chill with the foam roller (aka death). To no avail.

I jumped out of bed this AM and stretched some more, got dressed and headed out the door. Only to make it .55 miles when the tears started welling. I physically could not run. My calves were so tight it hurt to walk (still does). And I limped home, and got back in bed. WTF.

I'm hoping that I can fit in a run at lunch, or after work. This has put me in a fabbbbulous mood for the day. I know I need to take care of me, but, running is me time. Bleh.

So, on that note, let's reminisce about the good ol' days (er, last Saturday) when I could run.

The Too Hot to Handle 15k!


Woo whoo! The too hot aspect was notsomuch--thank goodness--it was fabulous running weather--80s!

Let me just explain a lil somethin'. Race started at 7:30. Literally thousands of people. No freaking parking=stressed out me=literally got to the start with minutes left. Yikes.

See? Me with my fake aka crooked smile because I'm panicked!

And this is after 15k of painful running (not that bad, but, my IT band was acting up)


Me and my biggest fan! (who gets up at 5AM to get me to the race)

One of my running buddies was jogging the loop and I ran past him during the race--we waved and he ended up staying, hanging out with the hubs and waiting for me to finish (he took the picture).

The race was great--aside from some pain, it was a really good run. I won't tell y'all my time because it's sad, but, I was happy because I ran strong, only walked through the 10k water station and ran hard to the finish--even though I was in pain.

And it was a really big race, which overwhelms me, so, I was just glad to be there and enjoy the day.

I have two half marathons coming up next month and I'm a little worried about my ITband/ calf muscle issues, but, am looking forward to new race distances. I think what really helps me is knowing that I've run these distances before--it's empowering.

Next up? The Hottest Half! (clearly, I have a thing for 'hot' races)

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

9 miles?! I wouldn't be able to walk the next day, let alone run after that! I'm impressed!!

Preppy Pettit said...

Good job! And yes, the weather was awesome this weekend!!

photography by suzanne said...

You're such a cutie! Get better soon!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

OMW, and I think just reaching 1 mile is an achievement!

Kaci said...

Oh sister...ouch!! Feel better soon.

Awesome job on the nine miler and totally cute outfit and hair for the run!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Yeah! Way to go! I'm impressed you still look so cute after running that much!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Seriously? Could I look that adorable whilst running? If the answer is yes, I'd be prone to do it more often!

Lucky in Love said...

Girl! You look absolutely fantastic!! Great job!

Hope you feel better soon!

Dollface said...

you look gorgeous!!! yay for your mileage, xxxoo

Adventures in Newlywed said...

9 miles? I'd be dead. Or at least not smiling like you are in all the pictures :)

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

you are so precious! you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

I need you to inspire me! Trying to take up running, goal to {eventually} run a half. So hard though!