Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's the little things

(Workout: unable to run. Ran great 10 miles with group on Saturday, am like a lame duck today. In serious pain. Resorted to biking at the gym. 11 miles in 47 minutes--very sweaty--no complaints. Plus abs and arms. I just want to run!!! No idea what's going on. Ice bath on Saturday, stretched like a mad woman--took two rest days (!) and still in pain. Grrr)
Y'all know I love chocolate.

What y'all don't know, is that I was in my early 20s before I actually liked chocolate (which means I have 20 some odd years of chocolate loving to catch up on--I think I've accomplished that). My sis, Lara, is a fellow chocoholic, and after our fabulously emotional summer o' changes in '04, my addiction has been solidfied.

My two biggest weaknesses (and the two strangest, in my opinion): chocolate crossiants (drool) and Hostess cupcakes (I know, hi, I'm 5). Mind you, I haven't had either in ages (thanks to WW and all, which we aren't currently talking about because I'm still a chub).

However, a few weeks ago, while strolling the aisles of my local non-Whole Foods grocery store, I started craving my favorite childhood treat like nobody's business. FYI, I could kill like 2 packs of those damn cupcakes in a sitting. No joke. With a Diet Coke (I see the irony, don't worry) that's pretty much my idea of heaven.

So, we do not buy them. I do not buy them. Ever.

Until a few weeks ago. The day before I had a 15k race. After all, what's a finishing a race if you can't have some yummy goodness?

Solution? Hostess 100 Calorie Pack. Not kidding--they really do exist. 100 calories for three little cakes. (please don't remind me of how unhealthy these are--sometimes, I just don't care)

Verdict? Pretty damn tasty for 100 calories. (I worry that these could be a constant staple in my house--yikes)

And I only had one lil pack. Seriously.

Post race breakfast of champions.

15 comments:

Heather said...

You look cute and tiny in your outfit!

Dani said...

I can't even keep those 100 cal packs in my house! I can't seem to stop at just one :P Damn chocolate!

Lucky in Love said...

I just finished the strawberry ones for lunch today!! I freaking love those things :)

Jessica said...

i've been so busy i haven't been able to keep up with your blog lately - i know i'm a bad bloggie friend. awesome job on all the running. and please quit using the word "chub" b/c you are too darn beautiful to say that. love your post about austin. i'm going to have to check out sandra bullock's restaurant now. and i love love love your yellow shoes! keep running!!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Gah! Love Hostess Cupcakes! They are my favorite junk food guilty pleasure!

Dollface said...

First of all you are adorable!! and you look totally skinny.... and I used to love twinkies... but why does everything have to bed bad for you... xxxxooo

Lindsey said...

You look so stinkin' cute!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i love hostess cupcakes!! and what, you are not chub, at all! i'm so sorry for all the pain, not cool, i hope you feel better soon!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I actually have those in my pantry! LOL!

LyndsAU said...

you are so tiny!!! now i want chocolate :) GREAT!

Running 365 said...

I have that feeling about not really caring how bad something is for me a lot. I figure, if you're eating decently most of the time (and you're running), what's the harm of some chocolate here and there. You are not chub, at all. There is picture evidence in this very post.

Milltini said...

You look adorable! And those 100 calorie packs will be the death of me...well, of my waistline at least.

Kaci said...

Oh ya baby pass the fat free milk and cupcakes...please! :)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I adore the 100 Calorie Pack Hostess goods. My absolute favorite dessert. Hands down.

Ashley said...

I love chocolate croissants too. It's a good thing I don't live in Europe and have constant access to them, or I'd be fat for sure!