Because I'm nearly jumping out of my very pasty pale skin over here!!! (yes, I realize that these things are only exciting to me, but, clearly, I don't care)
4 Things that have my jumping for joy this AM (even though I have a very scary conference call in like an hour and a half. Bleh!):
1. My marathon/running sensei is moving to my town next month! YAY!! So excited. I fully intend to stalk him and run with him. Although, it will probably be him jogging leisurely and SP huffing and puffing to keep up. LOVELY. Plus, his house is by a trail--and thus begins my foray into trail running. Gulp.
2. I get to meet my marathon training group tonight! Yipee! I'm so excited to get "officially" started with this group--although the marathon I'm running is 4 weeks before the one they train for, it's a good thing I've been running high mileage lately so that I can skip ahead on the schedule. Yay for other crazy runners!
3. ChicRunner blogged about OperationJack-- a father's pledge to run 60 marathons in 2010 with Train4Autism to raise funds and awareness about Autism in honor of his 6 year old Autistic son. Now, this is very special to me because I taught Sunday school to an Autistic boy for 4 years and although is was the most challenging and difficult thing in my life (um, mind you I was going to school, working 2 jobs and maintaining a home at this time), it was also the greatest. I love him dearly and am still very close with his family. I'm really excited to join a team for OperationJack and run a marathon in 2010 for Autism! Only problem? Choosing which marathon to run!
4. I made sour cream and green chile chicken and spinach enchiladas last night. Holy yum. And, also, tee hee--I've lost a few pounds since last week. Chicken enchiladas and all.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I cannot bask in the glory of the my own awesomeness (but you can), I need to go prep for the conference call (bleh!--wish me luck--today's going to be rough).
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Hi. Found your blog through Sarah B. I have to admit that your excitement over running almost motivates me to get off my butt. ;-)
G'luck!
Can you share the recipe for the pound losing enchiladas? :)
Second request on the enchilada recipe! I'm always trying to feed my husband's constant craving for Mexican food!
go you!!!I knew you could do it, xxxooo
Thanks for the nice words about Operation Jack!
MMm, I would also like the recipe. Trying to plan out some menus for next week right now!
Um yes, please share the yummy enchilada recipe! Good luck with scary conference call - at least they can't see you so just look at a happy picture or something during the call to keep yourself calm :)
Yeah for running partners and running groups...it makes it so much easier. And crazy, I teach a little autistic 5 yr old in our sunday school. I started out just shadowing him and it has developed into much more...we are trying to be the church that accepts autistic children because there are so many churches that don't know how to handle those children and so many kids get left out. Like you said, it is one of the most challenging things ever but I also find it to have such great rewards. I have gone home in tears of joy becasue he participated in an art project or he danced through the whole worship time. Great little guy!
all of that is definitely exciting! and so neat about the operationjack race. you are rockin' it girl! good luck on your conference call today, you're going to do great!! and those enchiladas sound yuuuumy!
Hope the conference call goes well!
Yay for your awesomeness, ha! :)
I'd love for you to share the recipe too!
ahhh I hate conference calls at my job that means salary reduction or a firing.
yay for marathon training! i will be right there with you come January :)
i might need that recipe :)
Lots of excitement going on for you! I'm happy that your sensei is moving into your area, cause I know you love running so.
Those enchiladas sound fierce, you gotta share the recipe!
Good luck with all your marathon training! Yum, I love chicken enchiladas.
I love you have such a passion for running. Can you pass some of that over?? My parents have recently caught the running bug. My dad really wants to run a 5k with him. I went running with him the other day. The man runs way too fast for me!
Post a Comment