Tuesday, July 14, 2009

SP's Celebrity Day in Austin

During my lovely time off, we took a quickie trip to Austin (literally, it was almost a drive by, we had a sick puppy at home to get back to).

Said trip began with a 4 mile run plus 50 minutes of yoga. The sick puppy wanted to yoga with me--very cute.

We took off and headed south!
We dubbed this Celebrity Day (you'll see why in a second). Fabulous.

Rolling into town around lunchtime, we took a nudge from Rachael Ray's latest newest magazine, we decided to plop our hungry little selves at Sandra Bullock's Bess Bistro on Pecan.




Holy yum. Sandra, you sure do know your stuff! It was a sweet, lovely restaurant with a delicious menu. The husband got the Bess Burger (I had a bite and ohmygosh best burger I've had in ages) and I got the Hippie Salad and devoured the whole damn thing.

Austin folk, get thee to Bess Bistro now! You won't be disappointed.

It's a perfectly cozy and beautiful place to dine and restaurants such as Bess Bistro really make me miss California!

After stuffing ourselves silly, it was onward for our celebrity day.

Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop, owned by none other than Lance Armstrong. I haven't really yapped much about my undying and unwavering love for Lance Armstrong on the blog, but, let it be known that I puffy heart Lance. Even with a bastard child and you know, not marrying Sheryl Crow. I still heart him. I admire him on so many levels and would die, flat out die if I ever met him (random fact: husband and I may ride the LiveStrong Challenge in Austin this year).

My yellow shoes to go with the yellow jersey that I know Lance will be wearing. I dressed for the day.


We were there the day before the Tour started, and let me just tell you, aside from being a kid in a candy store with all kinds of electrolyte gels and chews, I was seriously starstruck.

I've been around my share of celebrities, one of the perks of growing up in an area where many a Hollywood A-listers like to have weekend homes (ex: post Brad Pitt break up, Jennifer Aniston looked at buying my dad's neighbors house; Minnie Driver came to a HS fundraiser; Diane Lane cut in front of me in a sandwich shop), but holy moly, being in Lance's shop and seeing his jerseys (and bike!) I was a lil weak in the knees. Starstruck.

It's crap like this that really makes me re-think my decision to live in Dallas. Too bad my house and you know, job are here.

I heart Austin.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE the yellow shoes!!

Dollface said...

Jared is in Austin this week!! I should tell him about that place :) except he doesnt eat red meat, xxxooo

{amy k.} said...

So fun! Little adventures are great. I love that you got star struck just seeing the bike, you're so cute!

Annie said...

aw, cute shoes!
little adventures are always fun!
hope the sick pup is doing better ;)

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Yeah Austin!

I haven't been to Bess' yet, but I hear nothing about how fabulous it is. Will try to drag the AH there this weekend, particularly since it has your California seal of approval.

Darling, darling shoes!

Ashley said...

Your yellow shoes are so cute! I totally want to go to Austin someday!

Blissfully Enamored said...

dallad has its fair share of celebs! but austin is a GREAT place too! did you go by lance's bar on 5th street also???

love your blog!! :)

Kristen said...

Austin is super high on my list of places to live next!

TUWABVB said...

I have been meaning to try Bess' for so long - it seems like life just gets in the way and I forget about it! Perhaps we'll go there the next time you are in town? :)