Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Good things (even though it's NOT snowing)

Don't even get me started on the non existent snow. I went to sleep last night (let's re-phrase this, I laid in bed stressed out and all sorts of anxious over crap I can do literally nothing about) fully expecting to wake up to at least ice outside mi casa. No luck. Just rain. Boooo on rain!

Moving on (snow!).

Today we're moving around some furniture to make room for my grandma's piano (nope, I can't play a single note) thus moving my dinky desk into our bedroom and creating a little spot for me to write (no, the husband is not aware of this fact.. and I might have promised the desk to Rachel. Oops). Because after all, it's been a full year since I really took the time to even think about writing, and after all, this little ol' blog started because I was writing and want to be an author. Sure, no creative writing classes for me, and sure I haven't been as dedicated as I should be, but, that's OK. The story isn't going anywhere and goshdarnit, I will get a manuscript completed. And soon (much thanks to the sis in law who will serve as my in house editor on this project).

So, there's a good thing.

And, I ran 8 miles of speed intervals this morning. Did I mention I hate intervals? Well, I do. A lot. And now my damn IT band hurts, but, nothing some ice and stretching can't fix. Hopefully. Solo 16 miles this weekend (bo-ring).

Another good thing.

Oh, and Sam has inspired to me attempt (key word here) to become a Marathon Maniac next year (gulp). Who would have ever thought, I mean, really? It was a mere 14 months ago that running 5 miles had me laid up on the sofa for the rest of the day. Honestly, y'all, if I can run a marathon (albeit slowly) then anyone can achieve their fitness goals--ya just gotta do it (we won't discuss weight loss, but, moving on).

Good thing.

And, I'm wearing a fun new sweater today (that will get dirty whilst moving furniture, but, whatever).

Good thing.

Who knew?

What good things can you celebrate today? If I can find good things, we all can :)

5 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

that's exciting that you're getting your Grandma's piano, you're going to have to learn something now! BabyBoy will come play it, he loves to serenade people and play the piano=)

I can't wait to see what you write! you can do it! and it'll be great=)

and seriously I really want to start running (again), Hubby and I have talked about it and are wanting a dbl jogger so we can all run together, and train for some races, um, little ones to start, but something! I need some more motivation right now though, we're having trouble getting started (and it's cold outside)! (if 12 lbs to lose isn't motivation enough=))

If I don't "talk" to you again before it, Happy New Year friend!

meredith said...

an 8 mile interval's intense, way to go! and i feel you on the IT band thing - i've had three knee surgeries and one of them for for my IT band. the weather's been so crazy, it's killing my knees!

Sarah said...

I hate intervals too...and I just heard about Marathon Maniacs...so I am thinking that after baby that I need to either shoot for Marathong Maniacs (in 2011) or do a Half Ironman Triathlon...either one is crazy but it is good to shoot for the stars with your goals I guess! And it isn't snowing here either (although it never snows here but thougth I would try and make you feel better...lol). Hope you get your snow soon!

Sarah said...

Ha,ha ...I just read my comment..Marathong Maniacs...I don't know why but hearing "thong" made me laugh...yes, I am a kid at heart.

Jen Feeny said...

Intervals are killer! I had a pace work out this morning that totally kicked my @ss and then I lost my keys somewhere along the way thereby locking myself out of apartment and complex. FAIL. BUT!!!! I leave for Chattanooga tomorrow and that is my silver lining behind the big angry gray cloud! :)

Have a Happy New Year's girl! Cheers to 2010 and becoming a MANIAC!!!