Thursday, December 17, 2009

I got nothin'

Nothing exciting to share--other than the fact that I can eat my body weight in chocolate these days. Which is saying a lot considering I'm just packing on the lbs like a damn bear going into hibernation (OK, smart asses, obviously, the chocolate eating explains the weight gain, I've figured that much out).

If you want to see the chocolate hoovering, it's best to pick a spot near the trail (but not on the trail, as I won't be running and eating...or running at all, but, that's neither here nor there) near my house and wait. The best shows are at 5:15PM or 2:30AM. Your pick. Either one is hilarious.

Other than that, my life has been filled with not running (I ran Tuesday)--I'm taking a break this week. Ish. I'll be chomping at the bit tomorrow, I know it. I've got a jam packed winter/spring race schedule, and I want to be in tip top runnin' shape--which includes not getting burned out (oh, and running 40 miles a week... yikes!). So, this week, I'm vegging. Ish.

I have a full running schedule next week that includes runs along the beach and in the mountains (did that just totally blow your mind? Beach and mountains? Yes, yes, California is that cool) and am really looking forward to it.

Plus the fact that my dad has warned me that he intends on dropping me off on fire roads down the mountain and meeting me at the top. In his truck. Sure. He took "trail run" really, really literally.

So, it's OK to take a few days and relax. I'll be grateful for this descision later on.

Besides, it gives me time to ponder other things in life--like the fact that I've never played a video game--like one hooked up to a TV--like PlayStation and all that. Never. Is this weird? Am I missing something?

Hmmm... Another thing to ponder... Check out my tips for a happy and healthy holiday (yes, I have advice...occasionally).

Happy holidays y'all!

5 comments:

meredith said...

i notice we comment on a lot of the same blogs, so consider me your newest follower! i think i'm stalker #199! ;)

great job on the 40 miles/week. that's awesome! you deserve a break this week!

JennyLee said...

Well deserved break IMO.

Dollface said...

Maybe you like Playstation, but I asked for super mario bros for wii this year and its sooo fun!! take a long break, a bubble bath and eat my weight in chocolate too!! xxxoo

TUWABVB said...

I never played either - despite the EVER-PRESENT XBox 360. It's amazing that I've avoided it this long.

Zoƫ said...

I got the cookies and they were delish! Great job! :) Hope you're fundraising is coming along!