Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Cheer

Houston, we have a problem.

A really, really big one.

Candy Cane Hersey's Kisses.

(gulp)

For someone who doesn't generally like Hersey's Kisses (what? I just don't--they don't taste like real chocolate and they're gone before you can really enjoy them and, and... I just, bleh. They don't do it for me) this is huge.

I accidentally picked some up (yeah, just like I accidentally ended up with chocolate Chex Mix) on Saturday in effort to put something festive in my Christmas candy bowl that had until Saturday, been sorely neglected. I wanted something minty (because in my mind, Christmas=candy canes) but, wasn't sure what I would find.

Low and behold, Candy Cane Hersey's Kisses. We're talking white chocolate, with little teeny bits of candy cane. Does it get better? No my friends, no it does not.

I only bought one bag (also, anyone else notice that candy companies are getting stingy on the amount of goodies in a bag?), and it's dwindling. Fast.

This is not good for my "diet" (and who are we kidding, I just keep getting fatter--I've got more chins now than I've ever had in my life--icccck!). Or my self esteem. Or that fact that I'm only supposed to eat "limited" amounts of sugar. Obviously, I'm blinded by the minty goodness.

But.Oh.So.Good.

Sigh....

Oh, and just because--so, SlimFast got recalled. Guess who has an entire trunk full of SlimFast? Yep, that's right. Of course.

If you buy something in my holiday bake sale that will be held on Thursday I might even send a Candy Cane Kiss along with your purchase.

Remember, I'm making homemade holiday treats for you and all proceeds will go to OperationJack. So, start hitting the gym now because I don't bake low fat. Your tastebuds will thank me.

Now, spread the word: Bake sale. Thursday. Be here.

So dear friends, what are your favorite holiday goodies?

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh girl, I hear ya on the good holiday food! My weakness is Christmas cookies and they are everywhere I look! My mentality for this season is to enjoy these special treats in moderation, and if I indulge to not beat myself up because I'll stick to my regular working out. But come Jan 1 I'll be back on track!

Samma said...

I am not a Hershey Kiss fan either, but I saw those candy cane ones. My gut said "limited edition, we have to try, this may be our only opportunity to ever have these!" Luckily my brain prevailed and I avoided. Amazing since I am a huge chocolate person, (did you know today is national brownie day?). I love gingerbread-y stuff also. Can't wait to buy some baked goods!

Jen Feeny said...

I accidentally picked up the Truffles Kisses. I now dub them my crack. Crack Kills! LOL!

Lucky in Love said...

So...I found this coupon in the paper for kisses...buy 3 get one free. Well I needed one bag for a recipe...and like you...I had these snowman wine glasses I wanted to fill with something. Well, turns out kisses are perfect!

But now I have mint truffle kisses, cherry cordial kisses, and candy cane kisses all out in my house. Not good.

Brittany Ann said...

I'm with you. I don't normally go for the kisses. But these? I'm in!

Unknown said...

Hershey Kisses with almonds are my downfall. The Cherry Cordial ones aren't bad.

But, those peppermint ones you speak of are G-O-O-D. Put them in the fridge or freezer. Yep. Deliciousness on a whole 'nother level. ;)

Zoƫ said...

Oh Hershey Kisses...how evil and delightful they can be. First the pumpkin spice kisses (oh, don't get me started) and now CANDY CANE? Be still my chocolate heart...
Yum!

d.a.r. said...

Ooohhhh gosh those suckers are sooooo good!!

Kaci said...

I know a girl at the office brought some in. I had one and only one and thank GOD they are gone now.

TUWABVB said...

I discovered those little pieces of crack at my in-laws house and WOW - could not put them down. I haven't bought a single bag this season. YET.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How have I not heard of these? Uh oh. I have a feeling I'm in for it as I have no holiday willpower. Ah ha