That In-N-Out (or any other fast food restaurant for that matter) can't be bothered to be open on Thanksgiving. Which is a real pain in the bum when "dinner" isn't until 7:30. Are you kidding me? This led to a very hungry SP devouring a cheese roll and artichoke dip in about 5 minutes. And possibly why she has been sick since then. Awesome.
The city of Sedona does not believe in traffic lights. No, no, instead they believe in semi retarded roundabouts. Which are stupid. Because they're two lanes--and no one seems to be in control of their lane. Nary a stop sign or light--just lil roundabouts.
(can you see a stoplight down there, because I certainly don't)
Red clay is a bitch to get off clothes. See that dirt under Bambi there, yeah, it stains. Also, Hi Bambi! This was outside our hotel room in Sedona.
I'm still scared of heights--it's a miracle anyone got me to hike.
Birthday hike. See, proof--I hiked.
I'm a sea level wuss. Altitude kicked my butt.
In Bruges is a freaking hilarious movie--hilarious and sad and disturbing. Yes, it can be all those things. And the husband and I have been quoting it since Saturday. I do not see this stopping anytime soon.
Hot stone massages are pretty much the greatest thing ever. Best.Birthday/Post Marathon gift.Ever. (well, the lovely new bag I'm carrying from the husband is pretty damn good too!)
Post massage--don't we look relaxed?
Per my marketing course, there is a lot of overpriced art out there. About 90% of it resides in Sedona. In that vain, the little sis and I tried some art of our own: shadow photography. We're going to sell these at local galleries(kidding of course). Sedona really does have some gorgeous art as well.
That "it's illegal" is not the same as "you can't do it". Just ask my dad. In an effort to avoid 1/4 mile of cars backed up along a Phoenix freeway, my super intelligent padre, spying the exit we needed just up ahead, decided the quickest thing to do, would be to hop onto the shoulder of the road, and just mosey on down to the exit. As I'm frantically reminding him that this is in fact, illegal. Until of course a cop pulled out of the line of traffic to block us. Unsuccessfully I might add. And thus we took of onto the exit onto the next freeway only to see the cop two lanes over--presumably looking for us. How do we solve this situation? We hide behind a semi truck--Smoky and the Bandit style. I kid you not. For about 25 minutes.
Trust me when I say that I am not nearly creative enough to make this up. This actually happened. Eventually, we lost the cop and all was well. However, my dad was still unable to maintain a normal speed.
Basically, we're just a gang of criminals--my stepmom is now also a jewel thief (kidding!)--she accidentally left a gallery wearing a piece of jewelry she hadn't paid for. Of course, being the honest citizen she is, she dashed back during lunch and paid. She was horrified.
Birthday cake pretty much makes everything better. (ok, so, it's not a picture of my birthday cake, but, it is a picture of my birthday hot chocolate--which is basically the same thing)
And that eating too much will lead to getting sick. Obviously.
Our last day in Sedona. I'm rocking the Maverick sunglasses and looking rather pregnant. I'm not!!! I'm not--I just look like it. And that sweater wasn't helping matters.
Just heard from my aunt that they're all snowed in up in Arizona--crazy! We had a great time and can't wait to go back.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well.
Don't forget, I'm hosting a bake sale on my blog tomorrow (Thursday) and all proceeds will benefit OperationJack and Train4Autism. You know you want some homemade holiday goodies that will benefit a good cause. You know you do.


8 comments:
Your trip looks awesome! I'm glad you had a nice birthday after all :) It looks beautiful there!
Sounds like it was an eventful trip and I am totally cracking up at the recap! Thanks for sharing girl!!!
You do realize that Thanksgiving is one of the few holidays a year that fast food workers get off? I know for a fact that In-N-Out is only closed Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. They want to be with their families too!
what beautiful pics. you and hubby DO look relaxed. love that your dad hid from the police. that is hilarious. glad you had a good trip (minus in-n-out) and birthday!!
awe, looks like you guys had fun though!
I love Arizona - it's one of my favorite places to visit and I haven't been there in way too long!
What a great time!!! FUN!
Your Dad story on the hwy is hilarious! You guys got lucky.
Post a Comment