Monday, December 7, 2009

The Road Less Traveled

Sometimes (ok, um, quite often if we're being honest here--which we always are) I wonder about the choices I've made in life. Obviously, I've made some stupid ones (rebellious teenager + checking account + bff getting a tattoo=mistake), I've made some good ones (marrying my honey) and then there are the few that I'm not really sure about.

As I've said before, this year has been hard. And I mean hard. I mean kick you when you're down, cry your eyes out hard. It would be divine if there was light at the end of the tunnel, but, I'm just not sure where it is. It'll appear at some point--it always does. This I know.

I know I'm blessed. And I don't say that to be bratty, I say that to be humble. Because even though it's been hard, it could have been harder--I'm grateful it hasn't been (::knocks on wood::).

I often wonder about my job--about my future, about choices.

And then in moments of self doubt, I have little gems that remind me that sometimes it's not always the 'best' but it often leads to the 'best' moments in life.

If I wasn't at this job, I highly doubt I would have run a marathon. After all, it was my failed relay team attempt last year that got me back into running. I would never have signed up had I not been at this job. And that's honest to goodness fact.

I wouldn't be taking a marketing class and made a dear friend (Hi, Jeana!).

If I hadn't been struggling with failing friendships, I would have never started a blog and 'met' so many wonderful friends (including several blog friends turned real life friends).

If we hadn't taken the leap and purchased our house, we wouldn't have enough room for my sis in law to live with us--and I'm so glad she does (if she leaves I will have a full on meltdown--you've been warned).

While I don't know what lessons and opportunities will come out of this trial, I know that I will look back with a grateful heart. Grateful for the lessons. And the blessings still to come.

(wow, a little deep for a Monday, eh? This is what happens when my People magazine reading time is cut short by nurse practitioners who are just sooo excited to get you into yet another waiting room--sans magazine)

PS. This week, I will host a blog bake sale for OperationJack. All items will be made over the weekend and shipped on Monday. Spread the word and check back on Thursday for a rundown of the goodies.

3 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I wonder about lie choices as well but I can't change the past. If I could I would do things a lot different. Some people would and some people would not.

Sarah said...

I think its amazing that you can stay so positive throughout all that you are going through, and that you are able to be thankful for what you have. It takes a strong person to do this. Thanks for the inspiring post, it was really the reality check I needed.

Dollface said...

I hope you dont feel down... you are by far one of the best blog friends ever!! Please tell me if youre ever in NY, xxxooo