Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I realized I'm the whitest person at my gym

For real. Like, hi, I'm a ghost. I was wearing black capris and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and whoa--it's not attractive. Need sunless tanner stat.

This California girl has lost her glow (and, she's petrified of skin cancer).

Sad times.

But, at least (hopefully) I won't have chunks of my skin and moles carved out of me--unlike my anti-sunscreen father who's had like a gillion pre cancerous spots removed. He will never learn (he's also super dark and I got my mom's Scottish whitey-ness).

Despite that little fun fact, I have happy news (I know, did you expect anything happy from me today? Probably not):

1. A great blogging friend will be at Catalina to cheer me on. I got all teary and misty about it (yes, overly emotional girl). I'm just so excited. She's such a great friend and she and her husband recently found out they are expecting a little boy! I cannot wait to meet her!

2. My dear friend of mine who struggled with infertility for years had a sweet baby boy earlier this year (I need to have a daughter so she can marry her son) and she and her husband got a Christmas surprise--they're expecting again! I'm so happy for her because she wasn't sure she'd ever have ONE baby, let alone two. YAY!

(a lot of talk about babies, huh? But, babies are sweet, we love babies)

3. Operation Jack starts on Friday! As always, feel free to donate (and spread the word!). Sam is doing something amazing, challenging, slightly crazy and really inspiring. Become a fan of their Facebook page and keep up with what he's going. It's a great cause.

That's all for today! Fingers crossed for snow!

4 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

1. Did you see me in the pic I posted from Xmas eve? I am the whitest Floridian ever! I think I'm whiter than the white parts of my xmas socks! Love being a redhead but would it really be so bad for us to get a little more than a darker shade of pale?!?!?

2. I love babies! :) So exciting about your friend coming and even more exciting your friend is expecting!!!

3. Yay for Operation Jack!

Heather said...

You crack me up. I am really pale too.

meredith said...

i hate the winter time pales. i'm italian so i turn a greenish tint and look sick when i haven't gotten any sun. attractive.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

It's this time of year when the Scottish paleness (I've got it too) really peaks, isn't it? I think it's something in our California DNA that makes us feel guilty about it. My answer = Clarins. Pricey, but doesn't smell like death and gives a believable glow to us pale lasses.

Happy to hear the good news about Catalina! If you have to be running, you couldn't have picked a prettier place to do it.