Ahh, comforting words I said to myself last weekend as I donned a bathing suit and set up camp next to the pool. Thank heaven's we weren't having friends over or anything, I wouldn't want to scar them for life.
It hit me like a freight train--I'm just not "in shape" anymore and it blows. Sure, I can run forever, but, ask me to flex an arm muscle, and there won't be anything. This is stupid.
I've got a wedding to go to in August and believe you me, I want to look freaking awesome. Because I used to be referred to as "the little one"--not so much anymore, and I want my title back! And, these pictures are going to live on the mantel and walls of my in laws home forever, and if I've got to stare at them, I better look good.
So, what did I do?
I signed up for 6 months with a personal trainer. Once a week. For six months. And my bank account just had a heart attack.
A bit self indulgent? Maybe. Will it be worth it? Heck yes.
Now, I realize that three months would have sufficed just fine, but, I figured it's cheaper per month for the loner time period, and this will get me right up until the holidays and my birthday--which we all know my ultimate goal is to look good on my birthday--something that has yet to happen.
I've only ever had a trainer once and it was for the month before my wedding. It's definitely an expense I wasn't expecting, but, I think it's clear that I can't lose the chub on my own. If it helps me feel better about myself, then, I'm all for the $$ spent. This just means that my dining out, clothing and makeup budget must shrink. Like my booty.
Let's hope someone can whip me into shape!
Have you ever had a personal trainer? Was it beneficial?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
You only live once and I can definitely relate to wanting to look fan-freaking-tastic for someone's wedding pictures. It is much nicer to be the "little" bridesmaid" instead of the chunky one....
I say live it up and enjoy it!
Speaking of wedding pictures. I cannot recall every seeing any of yours. Please share?
Oh friend! A trainer changed my life! Seriously- from a size 8-10 to 4-6 without losing a pound, but ocmpletely transforming my body! Also, having all the muscle means I can eat more, which means I restrict myself less, leading to less complusive eating/overeating issues! Love it- and it's such an indulgence which is fun.
good luck! i worked at a super-duper-fancy gym once, and saw the trainers working with people of all ages, shapes and sizes. it'll be hard, but very worth it in the end.
{ps. as a runner, i'd love your input on my most recent post! thanks!}
A trainer will definately kick your butt in shape. I had one for about 3 months and was in the best shape of my life. Good luck!
You look great, but I know the feeling. I say it's an expense that's well worth it. Nothing like shaking up your exercise routine to give you both a mental and physical boost.
I've done limited physical trainer stints myself & found that it didn't take many sessions to get motivated and memorize some good routines to do on my own. Weights are so good for toning, but it's tricky to get your technique down until someone shows you the right way & weights progressions.
Im thinking about having one for the wedding... as we get closer... let me know if it works... and you look fab, always!! xxxoo
Good for you investing in yourself!
I feel your pain. Stinks to be able to run forever (and impress your non-runner friends, let's face it) and yet...huh.
My legs are so muscular and strong, yet I've ignored my core and my upper body completely. Oh yes, and let's not talk about the diet of cupcakes and coke.
Sigh. Maybe I'll look into a trainer too. You've inspired me!
Good luck on your journey to complete fitness!
Ohhhh girl, I feel ya on the tummy insecurities. It's such a drag. Good for you for investing in yourself (physically and mentally!) and getting a trainer. I'm excited to hear how it works out for ya! Stick to it and I KNOW it'll pay off :)
I got a trainer and he taught me so much about pushing myself further than I thought possible.
When I stopped training, we dated for a short time.....that part was not the best idea. :) Ha ha!
Oh goodness!! I had a trainer back when I was in college (and actually had money... how does that work!?) anyways. He made me cry, he made me barely able to walk and for the first time ever in my life - I was in GREAT shape. Not just good - we're talking amazing. My body changed so drastically while I was working with him. He helped me with nutrition too. It was a great combo! I'll probably hire one again after the baby is here. It's well worth the money!
Let us know how it goes and good luck sweetie!! xoxo :)
For the first time I have been going to a PT and he kicks my butt. I hate going but love it when finished. Have to say that it is well worth the money to help push me to meet my fitness and running goals.
so i think i might sign myself up for a trainer too. maybe if i'm paying someone i'll actually get my ass in a gym!!!
i've been to a trainer once before and I HATED it. Maybe this time will be better?
Post a Comment