Over the weekend, my former boss got married. It was a beautiful wedding and I was so humbled to be part of it (it was a small guest list). Of course, the fact that I coughed through the entire ceremony probably made her regret inviting me.
Yes, I was fighting a cold. AGAIN. But, I was not missing out on this special day!
Anyways. Gorgeous wedding. When I wasn't busy coughing up a lung I was crying--I rarely get choked up at weddings, but, boy howdy, I was a mess (lord help me when this girl gets married. In Italy. In a castle. Duh). It was just so sweet! And I'm beyond so happy for her.
It was an evening wedding. Which means it was well after midnight (ahem, after 1am) by the time we finally got home.
And then, up and at it for church yesterday morning (with a famous special visitor! Who was very nice and very sincere--a true stand up guy) I was spent.
I did not leave the sofa all afternoon. And crawled in bed before 9PM. Word.
So. To recap: I'm going gray, and cannot stay out until 1AM. My 19 year old self is kicking my ass.
(I will say however, it was probably the most fun I've had in months. Mostly because I spent a good hour laughing with my bestie after the wedding)
Oh, also, Happy Valentine's Day!
xoxox
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So happy to hear you had a blast :) I feel ya on the "feeling like an ol' woman!" thing! I can't drink more than 2 beers without passing out by 8PM, I go to bed regularly before 10PM, and wake up at 6AM every day. Happy Valentine's day, girl! MAUH
Oh my goodness that is sooo me!!!! I need days to recover now! Don't worry your not alone...im 150 years old too!
Welcome to the club, lady! I am totally lame-o these days. Early to bed, falling asleep on the couch, never going out. At least you had a great excuse as to why you're tired (love weddings) - I have nothing...other than the fact that I'm old old old. :)
i pray for my kiddo to go to bed early so that i can go to bed too!:-) ahhh the life. i miss my 19 year old self sometimes.
the last time i stayed out past midnight it took me a week to recover. we're all getting old.
Um, I can't stay out late. It is awful. I whimper at anything past 10. Ideally, 9 is my bed time, haha!
My nineteen year old self is laughing at me because I watched the dog show last night over an action movie with the hubs and then fell asleep at ten. Woohoo. I'm a wild woman. ;)
Sounds like the wedding was fun! I haven't been to enough weddings this year, boo to that.
Post a Comment