So, lest you've been under a rock, you know that like 85% of the country is under a blanket or snow and or ice. My Texas included.
Of course, I fell asleep at like 6PM on Monday night, so when I saw the weather report, I was like "ehh, you never deliver" and then woke up a few times to pounding rain and got major sads because "damnit you promised me snow and that is certainly not snow!". Until around 4AM when everything froze. And then we had thundersnow--which was a totally new thing for me.
So. Pouring rain, plus freezing temps equals a whole lotta ice. Covered in snow. And more ice, just to be sure. Also? Welcome Superbowl fans! This should feel like home to you!
I attempted to go into work on Tuesday like a responsible little lady since we were open for business and all. That didn't pan out so well. We miiiiight have gotten stuck on the way in. So, I worked from home and napped with the pups. Clearly, a better use of my time.
Made it into work yesterday, although it took a good hour to drive the 11 miles and then was trapped inside the office all day as nothing near us was open. Lame.
Luckily, I was rewarded for my efforts with Season Five of House on DVD (I totally thought I grabbed season six since it's my favorite, but, since the husband refused to allow me to buy seasons one and two of Bones--on sale!-- I shall take what I can get. And no one is complaining about 17 hours of Dr. Chase--trust) and take out last night. Thus, I enjoyed my evening all snuggled up with my puppies, Dr. Chase and some brownies. Can't complain.
Although, I won't lie, I'm kinda cold.
How are y'all holding up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Try this: Husband was out of town last week when we got dumped on with 15 inches of snow in PA. Not surprising but totally not cool when you are 6 months pregnant and digging your car out to get to work. Many tears later some neighbors helped me. What a mistake it was to drive into work though, I'm with you, shoulda stayed home.
Now we're just getting freezing rain but at least the hubster is home to handle the brunt of it (including carting around the toddler) so clumsy me can be careful. Ugh, it's only just February too.
ohhh man I love some house! we somehow got skipped by the snow here in DC, although i guess i shouldn't rub that in, eeks.
Oh how I wish I had a little more Dr. Chase in my life to warm me up. Swoon. Love him to pieces. However, I do NOT love all this ice. Screw this! I'm moving to Maui. You coming?
OK, I'm going to have to Netflix Bones and House now because I've seen neither and they sound great! Hope you stay warm this weekend.
There's no snow in my neck of the woods but that won't stop me from watching seasons one and two of True Blood.
Hope you dig out of all that snow/ice soon!
Glad you stayed safe - it's slick out there!
I made it to work today and I must admit, it was sooooo good to finally be among PEOPLE! It's been just me and the cats for 3 days now. Staying at home is nice though. It was a good little break. And since the Superbowl is this weekend...I'll be staying home most all weekend too. Don't want to be out there with all the crazies!
I'm freakin freezing. I want to curl up in a ball and rock back and forth slowly. =) Jon bought me Sex in the City Season 1 yesterday to cheer me up. Mr Big looks weird to me in the beginning. I want Dr. Chase. XOXO
I can't believe the weather everyone is getting! Especially you folks down in TX... that's crazy! Boulder has been pretty rough this week but it's finally back to normal today. I think the crazy swings in temperature caused me to get sick though. Wah wah, oh well! Go Packers!
Weeeeeeeeeeelcome to my life in Minnesota. LOL I do actually feel sorry for all you Southerners though... no plow or salt machines must make it pretty difficult. I could go for a snow day though. :)
haha. you make me laugh. i think i passed more plows on my way to work today then you have in your state!:-)
We had a half-day "snow day" here in South Texas. So unnecessary, but so appreciated.
My sister was in your area this past week though and said it looked like Narnia!
Post a Comment