Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Decorating.... with a husband

Recently, yours truly, bought a royal abode whereto hang ones hat. Currently, royal abode (aka palace) is run by three four legged ones who don't care that they had muddy paws or that they shed.

The Shabby Princess has laid claim to one room of the house to be her Shabby Chic bedroom. It is coming along. Slowly. Very slowly. It's actually a rather boring room at the moment, but, after some weekend shopping, hopefully it'll be the cute and girly room of her dreams. We'll see.

Next to said Shabby Chic bedroom is what is currently being used as Storage Room A. Storage Room A is an eyesore and we will be turning it into another bedroom very soon. This just necessitates us getting a bed in there. And bedding. And a theme for the room (I like themes). Now, Shabby Princess has given the husband "man room" and promised that Shabby Chic-ness would not stray from the one singular bedroom. She has remained honest to this.

However, she would like to turn Storage Room A into a beautiful beachy retreat for the next visitor we may have.... She's picturing blues, and creams (it has butter yellow walls and the Shabby Princess is done painting the house!) that remind you of something you'd find in New England.... Perfection! However, she is not finding the bedding of her dreams.

Here are some ideas:

From Target, but, it's only in a King... and, hold your breath.... we're putting a twin sized bed in there (the room is tiny... and, if and when we have little royals, a twin will be easier to move and store)


Or this...

Also from Target , but, it's only the sheets!! Yikes!

It's fairly possible that the husband will like this style and not deem it too Shabby Chic (let's hope, because it's really pretty), but, I can't find anything I like for a price I like (you get the idea--I was looking at Target.... and that king was waaaay out of the price range).

Any ideas where I can get something beachy, fun and NOT TOO GIRLY at a reasonable price?

Help a sister out y'all!

(and, if the husband does not like this idea, I'm sure you'll see me back here, asking where I can find Cabin Chic/Hunting Lodge Chic bedding... and you think I'm joking....)

3 comments:

Gem said...

Both sets of bedding are lovely but I think the first one just edges in for me. Sorry I can't give you any ideas where to go for your bedding - I think a trip to England might be a bit far to go!!!

{amy k.} said...

I'm not sure what you have out there... but I'd check Kohls, even TJ Maxx if you like to search. Even if you did a simple cream douvet with blue accents... I like both of what you found though. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

I like the bedding :) I can't wait to see your room when you get all Finished!!!!